For those with the new camel GD's...(Roey you too!)

Bjara said:
Thanks for your help, roey. :biggrin:

When you get a chance, is it possible to get a super close up of the texture of the leather on your bag? Similar to KK's? Pleeeeaaase? :P

I'm off work tomorrow so will get pictures in natural light for you and also pics of camel and chocolate side by side. I am glad to hear you ordered the camel and hope you like the color IRL. It is very yellow toned. When I think of caramel, I think of a brown tone whereas camel has more of a yellow base. Here is a photo I took inside the house w/out flash, and I still don't think the color is captured nicely - it's a little bit darker IRL.

Attachments

• GDcamelweb3.jpg
    GDcamelweb3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 37
roey said:
I'm off work tomorrow so will get pictures in natural light for you and also pics of camel and chocolate side by side. I am glad to hear you ordered the camel and hope you like the color IRL. It is very yellow toned. When I think of caramel, I think of a brown tone whereas camel has more of a yellow base. Here is a photo I took inside the house w/out flash, and I still don't think the color is captured true to life.

Thank you, that would be awesome! :biggrin:

I'll keep an eye out.

Camel and chocolate side by side. The chocolate looks smaller because it is softer and slouchier than the camel. As I mentioned previously, the camel leather is soft, but the chocolate is super melty soft.

Attachments

• GDbagsWeb.jpg
    GDbagsWeb.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 50
roey said:
Camel and chocolate side by side. The chocolate looks smaller because it is softer and slouchier than the camel. As I mentioned previously, the camel leather is soft, but the chocolate is super melty soft.

Thanks roey!

Do you feel this last pic shows the bags true color? It actually looks lighter than I thought.

I guess I will just have to hold out and see mine in person! :biggrin:

No, the color just isn't captured properly on camera. It is more of a light to medium warm golden tan/camel. It looks lighter in natural light, darker in inside light. The person who described the color as the interior leather of a luxury car said it best.

It is not washed out at all IRL. It's quite pretty actually. :biggrin: When is your bag expected to arrive? And how do you like carrying the chain bag? Is the leather delicate??

roey said:

Wow, yours is a lot lighter than mine. And mine can not sit like this (unless I stuff it with things/towels), it sort of just slumps.

roey said:
No, the color just isn't captured properly on camera. It is more of a light to medium warm golden tan/camel. It looks lighter in natural light, darker in inside light. The person who described the color as the interior leather of a luxury car said it best.

It is not washed out at all IRL. It's quite pretty actually. :biggrin: When is your bag expected to arrive? And how do you like carrying the chain bag? Is the leather delicate??

OK, so it is a bit darker than your pic that you took today with your chocolate one?

I had mine shipped two day, so it would be sent out yesterday. Otherwise it takes them a week and a half to arrive. :huh: For six bucks extra, it was worth it to me. :P So, it looks like either tomorrow or Monday.

I haven't used the chain bag yet...either it's been raining (today and last week) or it wasn't the right outfit. :lol: The leather seems to be more delicate than the regular leather they use, but not a whole lot. It is semi-distressed in that the leather is not even all over the bag. That's a plus in my book for longevity. :smile:

I carried my black one yesterday and today. It just got a few sprinkles on it-hope it's not mad at me. :nuts: