For those who spend $1000+ on a handbag...

For those who spend $1000+ on a handbag, what's your yearly take home salary?

• None...that's what parents are for!

• 0 - 25k

• 26k - 50k

• 51k - 75k

• 76k - 100k

• 101k - 250k

• 251k - 500k

• 501k - 999k

• 7 figures!

• other...

Results are only viewable after voting.
DH and I make healthy salaries, both of us healthily over the $100K mark, but they don't go very far in San Francisco ... I know some people in different areas where the cost of living is much lower would be shocked by the amounts but it's seriously all relative ... I have hit the $1K range in bags, but I try not to go higher than that.

I'm not started working full time, only a part-time promoter at departmental stores, but my pay is rather high among other similar jobs, but still not enough to pay my bags obsession started this year.

But thanks you so much to my parents of being so so so nice to me, they usually gave me lotsa money during chinese new year and on my birthday for me to splurge on something i like. Though, i do have savings earlier on from my other part-time jobs, so i guess add up here and there abit.

I've decide to save my own money and buy my bag 100% through my own time and effort. Time may take longer, but i believe i will be even happier when i lay my hands on what I love.

DH and I make healthy salaries, both of us healthily over the $100K mark, but they don't go very far in San Francisco ... I know some people in different areas where the cost of living is much lower would be shocked by the amounts but it's seriously all relative ... I have hit the $1K range in bags, but I try not to go higher than that.

I hear you girl. I am also in the over 250K range, but have bought one purse over $1000 in the past year, because this salary does not go far in Southern California. I consider us fairly frugal too and I had to save for my one Chanel. I always question why I live here - but then I recently visited DC in October and froze my butt off!

Our pay is not so great with hubby in the army and me not working anymore. Before that it was closer to 100K for both of us. I am looking forward to the day we are stationed back in the US so I can work again and have more income. I have only spent over 1,000 for one of my bags. The Gucci Blondie Bowler was well worth it. It is a collectors item and very hard to find. I tend to buy Gucci Bags that are collectible such as the blondies , so I am not just throwing my money away. If I ever needed to get rid of them , I do not have to worry, they hold their value. I never buy a bag I could not get rid of for what I paid for it.

When my wife and I were in the <25k range (students) I saved for a couple of coach purses in the $400 range to give to her for christmas. This was a ton of money to us then. I would think that anyone in this range buying a $1000 bag would have to have someone buy it for them or live at home with virtually no expenses. We have been in the 101 to 250K range for only a few years now and this past September I bought my wife her first bag over $1000. I bought her a Jimmy Choo Saba in white. I've shared my wifes passion for desighner bags for many years although thought we would never be able to buy one for over 1K. It's addicting now as I already have a list of 4 other bags over 1k that I want to buty her!

Great husband.lol

It is definitely all relative to where you live! I make about 50k a year (luckily my bf makes slightly more) live very well and still save 25% of my take home. But I live in an area where housing is cheap and I am centrally located near work, shopping and all other services so I only spend about $60 a month on gas for my car.

You know, I have NEVER paid more than $1,000 for a bag. The most I've spent is $800. I don't think I could ever spend $1,000 on a purse because I treat them as fashion accessories, switching them out at least 2-3 times a week. I think if I was going to carry the same bag all the time, it would make more sense.

That said, I don't knock those that do. "Do You". :smile:

^^^ I'm the same way! The most I have ever spent on a bag is $600 and I switch my bags daily. Maybe I will spend more on bags when my income gets better but for now, I don't see a reason too. There are plenty of bags in my price range that are gorgeous to me

I think ablility to buy a handbag depends on what part of the country you live in. For example if you make 75,000 and live in the Texas or other parts of the south you will have much more disposable income than someone who lives in the northeast or California.