For the Self-Employed...

From the bottom of my heart, I sincerely thank all of you for your kind comments and words of inspiration:flowers: . I truly appreciate it. I love:love: how we always support one another. Have a blessed night.

{{{{Envy}}}}
RE is hardcore isn't it!?
I'm in a FAB market, but it seems like lots are for sell here, but not as many buyers right now.
Do you notice this current trend this time most years?

I'm not in RE, but we buy and sell a lot!

envyme said:
I think that the 360 that has happened to my personal life is compounding my professional fears. It sucks when the most important things in your life turn sour AT ONCE.

aww i know it seems like when it rains it pours.

View this as changes that need to happen in your life, Better things are coming.

Hang in there. :heart:

Just hang in there and don't quit no matter what. I'm also in RE and am still doing great, even in the AZ market!!!! It can be very tough right now, but a silver lining is that a mass of real estate agents are quitting, good news for us, less competition. What specialty do work in, residential, new build, land, condos, rentals???? Just curious. My family has been in RE since the late 1960s (owning their own company), so I grew up in the business in OR and have been selling here in AZ. Depending on what market your in and location, I would step up my efforts in farming & adverstising. On a national level, most ARM loan fixed rates are up in 2007, a hell of a lot of people are going to be selling and if you market & price correctly you can do this well. I only take listings, I have a few buyer's agents that work for me handling the buyers. If there's one thing I learned from being a 3rd generation real estate agent, it's don't give up, that's what EVERYONE else is going to do, you have to have faith and just hang in there. Next week will be better. I wish you all my best wishes!!!!!

SwankyMamaof3 said:
{{{{Envy}}}}
RE is hardcore isn't it!?
I'm in a FAB market, but it seems like lots are for sell here, but not as many buyers right now.
Do you notice this current trend this time most years?

I'm not in RE, but we buy and sell a lot!

In my area, DC Metro (like many other cities), this is the busiest home selling season. IMO, right now there is a slowdown in buying due to rising mortgage rates and higher home prices.

Life is just full of highs and lows in every aspect. Things will get better one way or another. Then they will suck again. Then they will improve. Its just one big rollercoaster and I think we have all been through the ringer. If my life were a rollercoaster it would be called The Screamer! (Hey, gives me an idea for a new thread.....)
Pray. Stay positive. And come here for support, hugs and laughs.

envyme said:
In my area, DC Metro (like many other cities), this is the busiest home selling season. IMO, right now there is a slowdown in buying due to rising mortgage rates and higher home prices.

I'm in DC too (not as a realtor though) my mom is a realtor in South Florida, so I really feel for you. At least the competition will thin out and there are always people buying and selling in any market. At least in DC people are always moving in and out no matter what.

winternight said:
I'm in DC too (not as a realtor though) my mom is a realtor in South Florida, so I really feel for you. At least the competition will thin out and there are always people buying and selling in any market. At least in DC people are always moving in and out no matter what.

Thats true.

Shelley said:
Just hang in there and don't quit no matter what. I'm also in RE and am still doing great, even in the AZ market!!!! It can be very tough right now, but a silver lining is that a mass of real estate agents are quitting, good news for us, less competition. What specialty do work in, residential, new build, land, condos, rentals???? Just curious. My family has been in RE since the late 1960s (owning their own company), so I grew up in the business in OR and have been selling here in AZ. Depending on what market your in and location, I would step up my efforts in farming & adverstising. On a national level, most ARM loan fixed rates are up in 2007, a hell of a lot of people are going to be selling and if you market & price correctly you can do this well. I only take listings, I have a few buyer's agents that work for me handling the buyers. If there's one thing I learned from being a 3rd generation real estate agent, it's don't give up, that's what EVERYONE else is going to do, you have to have faith and just hang in there. Next week will be better. I wish you all my best wishes!!!!!

I won't give up! I refuse to give up! Its not an option for me. I can't wait till the flakey agents that infiltrated RE just to make a quick buck exit the field.

Forget "it will pass." Get help!

You can get free consultations from your local Small Business Administration / Small Business Development Center and Score. Get advice from experts.

Find Score offices at www.Score.org.
Find SBA / SBDC offices at www.SBA.gov

You can ask for online advice from a volunteer. But I haven't found that advice to be very helpful. The offices have better resources.

Another resource:
Some colleges have business classes where they like to have a small local business give them a project. I just did this at the local university. 2 students put in 100 hours EACH into my marketing plan. They got help from graduate student focus groups, journalism majors, their PhD professor/advisor, and the head librarian at the terrific campus research library.

All this was free.

Contact the admin office at your local college's dept of business to see if they have a similar program.

I also got a terrific website built according to my design for free from a student from the computer dept.

I know how you feel!
I'm in my 8th year of owning my own business with my husband. (websites, online marketing, e-commerce, shopping cart systems, etc..) We started out young and naive, not really knowing what we were doing. There were many times when i would just lay in bed and cry not knowing what was going to happen and urge my hubby to get a "real job" where we would have a solid good income, but we stuck with it, and now we're doing GREAT. Every year we're doing roughly 50% over what we did the year before. We would have made way less at our "real corporate jobs".
It DOES get better, i promise!
I love monablu's idea of having your hands in several different things.
My husband's always looking for oppurtunities and alternate routes to add on.

It will get better! :love: