For anyone consideirng eyebrow tattoos and live near LA.

Nosey77

Jan 21, 2014
Just figured I'd mention this place that did my girlfriends eyebrows. They did an amazing job and there's tons of positive yelp reviews as well. My girlfriends eyebrows look completely real. After she had them done for the next 2-3 days she had to put ointment on them as it healed, then after 5 days its scabbed off and was much lighter than right after the procedure (which took an hour total only). The redness and swelling weren't even that bad and she didnt have to take any time off from work. Anyhow if any of you have any ?s about this feel free to ask me, as I've seen a few people mention wanting eyebrow tattoos. They are really busy and my gf had to make an appointment 4 months in advance. She just went to her touch up appointment which was another 4 months after her inital appointment and is very happy with the results.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cc-permanent-makeup-los-angeles

http://www.ccpermanentmakeup.com/

Yes, I have heard of this place. I would never do a tattoo, but I am totally looking forward to doing it this method. I have seen eyebrow tattoos and they generally fade and no longer look nice.

BTW, this is not really cosmetic surgery related and I have to warn you this thread might get deleted.

Yes, I have heard of this place. I would never do a tattoo, but I am totally looking forward to doing it this method. I have seen eyebrow tattoos and they generally fade and no longer look nice.

BTW, this is not really cosmetic surgery related and I have to warn you this thread might get deleted.

Blasian- have you heard good things about this place? I seem to find mix reviews. When you say that eyebrow tattoos "generally fade and no longer look nice" are you referring to results you've seen from this place? Just curious bc I'm trying to find a place in LA to do this, but am cautious bc tattoos are permenant.

Blasian- have you heard good things about this place? I seem to find mix reviews. When you say that eyebrow tattoos "generally fade and no longer look nice" are you referring to results you've seen from this place? Just curious bc I'm trying to find a place in LA to do this, but am cautious bc tattoos are permenant.
No I meant eyebrow tattoos in general to me look unnatural. I have not seen anyone get their eyebrows done here but the reviews overall seem to be good.

I am more interested in eyebrow embroidery over a tattoo.

this business is confusing to me
I've been looking into it. I had a friend recommend someone who did her friend's brows. She said they look very natural. The business card says semi-permanent makeup - lasts maybe 3 years and costs $1,000. (apparently they're associated with a doctors office)
Another one I went for a consult with charges $275. She says she can do small hair-like strikes or a solid line. She didn't use the term embroidery but when I mentioned it she indicated it was the same thing she was taking about.
A second one I talked to on the phone said same thing. She charges a bit mroe and says the phone call is her consult. Don't like this.

This is not something I want to make a decision on based on price. On the other hand, I don't want to pay $1,000.

Web MD warned there is risk of bleeding infection (including serious infections like Hep C). And if you don't like the resuls they're very hard to correct.

I'm thinking I may just stick to filling in my brows with makeup.

Just figured I'd mention this place that did my girlfriends eyebrows. They did an amazing job and there's tons of positive yelp reviews as well. My girlfriends eyebrows look completely real. After she had them done for the next 2-3 days she had to put ointment on them as it healed, then after 5 days its scabbed off and was much lighter than right after the procedure (which took an hour total only). The redness and swelling weren't even that bad and she didnt have to take any time off from work. Anyhow if any of you have any ?s about this feel free to ask me, as I've seen a few people mention wanting eyebrow tattoos. They are really busy and my gf had to make an appointment 4 months in advance. She just went to her touch up appointment which was another 4 months after her inital appointment and is very happy with the results.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cc-permanent-makeup-los-angeles

http://www.ccpermanentmakeup.com/

The method I like is call eyebrow embroidery. CC Permanent seem to do that. Best practitioners are in Singapore!

this business is confusing to me
I've been looking into it. I had a friend recommend someone who did her friend's brows. She said they look very natural. The business card says semi-permanent makeup - lasts maybe 3 years and costs $1,000. (apparently they're associated with a doctors office)
Another one I went for a consult with charges $275. She says she can do small hair-like strikes or a solid line. She didn't use the term embroidery but when I mentioned it she indicated it was the same thing she was taking about.
A second one I talked to on the phone said same thing. She charges a bit mroe and says the phone call is her consult. Don't like this.

This is not something I want to make a decision on based on price. On the other hand, I don't want to pay $1,000.

Web MD warned there is risk of bleeding infection (including serious infections like Hep C). And if you don't like the resuls they're very hard to correct.

I'm thinking I may just stick to filling in my brows with makeup.

I think the same warning goes for any tattoo, no?

I've had my eyebrows tattooed twice, amazing results. Took an hour each time. I think it took longer to inject with local anesthesia than the tattooing, but worth it because there was no pain.

It has never faded to an unnatural look due to choosing the right color (which I didn't do.. the artist has to do that, obv) My mom actually does permanent makeup using the embroidery technique. I already had somewhat full eyebrows. But I've seen her do them on my friends and cousins who have sparse eyebrow hair and it looks great. I still fill my brows in when I go out, that's how natural it looks.

$1000 is way too expensive in my opinion. I think the best way to find a reputable permanent makeup artist is to go by referrals, that way you know exactly what their work looks like. But yeah.. if I didn't get it done for free (thanks, mom!) I probably wouldn't bother... it's a minor convenience.

I think the same warning goes for any tattoo, no?

I've had my eyebrows tattooed twice, amazing results. Took an hour each time. I think it took longer to inject with local anesthesia than the tattooing, but worth it because there was no pain.

It has never faded to an unnatural look due to choosing the right color (which I didn't do.. the artist has to do that, obv) My mom actually does permanent makeup using the embroidery technique. I already had somewhat full eyebrows. But I've seen her do them on my friends and cousins who have sparse eyebrow hair and it looks great. I still fill my brows in when I go out, that's how natural it looks.

$1000 is way too expensive in my opinion. I think the best way to find a reputable permanent makeup artist is to go by referrals, that way you know exactly what their work looks like. But yeah.. if I didn't get it done for free (thanks, mom!) I probably wouldn't bother... it's a minor convenience.
thanks
I'm not going to that one who charges $1,000. In addition to the high price, the place is like two hours from me. I'd have to make three trips - one for consult, one for procedure and then the followup.

Unless I happen to meet someone who has had this done and looks good, I'm probably going to forget about it.

I'm having this done Friday...IMHO very natural looking. Doesn't last as long as the traditional tattoo, about 3 years. So sick of dealing with light, sparse eyebrows...what the hell!

wow, this is so worth considering. I have hardly any eyebrows anymore and it bothers me so much!

Came out great...very natural and I have my arch back. A bit dark but will fade in 2 weeks.
Not painless, even with numbing cream, but tolerable!
Didn't they come out good, Rdgldy?

Awesome! I have some decorative tattoos so I know what you mean about the pain. Not impossible, but ouch!

Came out great...very natural and I have my arch back. A bit dark but will fade in 2 weeks.
Not painless, even with numbing cream, but tolerable!
Didn't they come out good, Rdgldy?
I think they look very natural! They look great. I will totally be checking this out in the near future.