first paddington- what colour?

Seems a bit unpopular but I love my Black Paddy :love: It has the best leather of all my Paddies :drool:

But for your first Paddy then I would go with a brown - either whiskey or chocolate :yes:

wow....you guys are incredible!

i agree with what a lot of you are saying, that a lighter colour (tan, whiskey, nutmeg) definitely shows off the leather better. and i do think that those colours pretty much go with everything.

the reason i keep thinking about the black is that i don't buy black bags generally because i think they are so blah...and a paddington is NEVER blah, so a black paddington is (IMO) the best black bag one could get (does that even make sense?:shame:

BTW, the taupe is gorgeous!!! i wish i had an unlimited bank account!

thanks so much for you opinions!

sounds like you have made up your mind, and if you love black best, then black it should certainly be. So what hardware are you going to go with then ;)

decisions decisions :biggrin:

My second Paddington would definetly be the nutmeg :yes: Anybody knows, if there's a baby Paddington in nutmeg?

My taupe Paddington goers with every natuere colors, like green, brown...:yes:

Take nutmeg! :love:

Hi everybody,

i am new to the forum and this is my first post, but i have been so impressed by everyone's expertise.

the other day, i suddenly decided that after having loved the paddington from afar for ages, i am going to bite the bullet and get one. now i can think of nothing else!

i really wanted it in a classic colour, so am debating between the nutmeg and the black...what do you guys think? is there a difference in the leathers or how well they age? one of the things that might put me off the black one is that in some pics i've seen, the black has contrast/light stitching? is that right or am i crazy?

any opinions/comments would be really welcome and thanks!!!!

I have seen them both ways. The older ones have black stitching, I believe, since I got mine from from the fall '05 collection, and the stitching is black. But then again, I got it from roz77772002 (terrific seller!)on ebay, and it may have been that the european ones are sometimes different than the ones you see in the states. Chloe is a bit odd that way. I have seen the same bag, sometimes different stitching at Neiman Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue as well, so if you don't like the contrasting stitching, you may be able to find one that does have the black on black combo. I love the whiskey and have that one as well, but if you are looking for something that you can wear in the evening as well as during the day, I would start with the black color and go nuts from there!:nuts:

im going to throw taupe into the mix, its a devine shade, and I really have not found a colour that I am wearing that it has not gone with yet.

Big welcome to you too by the way. Taupe piccie here

DSC00969.jpg

piccie of my taupe here in the middle,

and they have just bought out a taupe metallic on NAP too ;)

OMG, yes, and I just received the taupe metallic medium paddy from neimanmarcus.com and it is gorgeous. The have it listed as the "small" paddy, but if you look at the price, you'll see that it's the medium...(whoever put that in, doesn't know their paddys!) I just got it and it is a champagne metallic that is absolutely stunning! It's over $1,800 but it is very different and the leather is wonderful. Those of you out there that want something really unique in your paddy collection, check it out. :rolleyes: I thought I was done for a while, but this one drove me crazy until I bought it. (Although I say that about all of them. :shame:

OMG, yes, and I just received the taupe metallic medium paddy from neimanmarcus.com and it is gorgeous. The have it listed as the "small" paddy, but if you look at the price, you'll see that it's the medium...(whoever put that in, doesn't know their paddys!) I just got it and it is a champagne metallic that is absolutely stunning! It's over $1,800 but it is very different and the leather is wonderful. Those of you out there that want something really unique in your paddy collection, check it out. :rolleyes: I thought I was done for a while, but this one drove me crazy until I bought it. (Although I say that about all of them. :shame:

oh oh oh, please post pics, I'd love to see how it looks :smile:

For a first paddy I would go for either chocolate or whiskey. But if you love the black one you should definetely go for it. And you're right - a paddington is NEVER blah. Good luck with your decision! Please share piccies when you get your new baby:smile: