First Designer Bag

Never got the bag but the Marc Jacobs stam bag and groovee bag made me start to fall in love with designer bags.

It wasn't until last year (when I was 22) that I got my first bag which started it all, an Alexander Wang Rocco bag. Only then I could get one coz I was earning real money :smile:

My first designer bag was a Coach that I bought myself when I graduated from college. Since then I have become majorly addicted to bags. A few years later when I graduated from my Master's program I got an LV. I am working on my doctorate now.. so I wonder what I'll treat myself with if I can tackle this beast :smile:

My first post.

I have only very recently gotten in to bags. Recently I got a Calvin Klein leather bag that is so soft and easy to wear that I am on the lookout now for more pretty and comfortable bags. Before this I would never contemplate spending more than $30 on a bag and generally only had one or 2 bags at a time.

My first designer bag was a Coach, and I was about 13 years old and it was for Christmas. My parents took me to the Coach store, and let me choose the bag I wanted. I was beyond excited, and then to my surprise my dad said "do you also want the matching wallet?" And I was shocked because I was young so they were so expensive to me, so I choose the smallest keychain wallet. And I was so happy. I still have both of those items and I plan to keep them forever even though I no longer wear Coach.

I've gotten a couple Coach products as gifts but I personally can't stand that brand so I don't count those. I JUST bought my first designer bag like last week... a Balenciaga City Bag!! :heart: her.

A relative gave me an LV crossbody this summer, and took me shopping until I almost died of sticker shock lol. I almost wish she didn't, because now I'm getting addicted haha. I feel like at my age, in my early twenties, I'm expected to wear quality items. Like, I can't get away with wearing my beloved F21 clothes or off-brand purses anymore :P.

Does the guilt ever go away though--knowing that your shoes/purse cost a few months' worth of rent, but the person standing next to you is working their butt off to barely get by for their family? I'm kind of mentally at war with myself about that :/.

A relative gave me an LV crossbody this summer, and took me shopping until I almost died of sticker shock lol. I almost wish she didn't, because now I'm getting addicted haha. I feel like at my age, in my early twenties, I'm expected to wear quality items. Like, I can't get away with wearing my beloved F21 clothes or off-brand purses anymore :P.

Does the guilt ever go away though--knowing that your shoes/purse cost a few months' worth of rent, but the person standing next to you is working their butt off to barely get by for their family? I'm kind of mentally at war with myself about that :/.

I wrestle with guilt too! I work hard and like to treat myself every once and a while, but even though it is my money going towards these bags, sometimes I still feel a bit guilty. I am in my late 20s and just remind myself that if I shop responsibly (and save responsibly too) it's ok to splurge every now and then!