Finally, she's home.....

shopmom411 said:
I also had a nice little discussion with my SA about your Chartreuse Kelly which resulted in him taking EVERY green item out of the cases and looking at the name of the color on its tag. Everything was Vert Anis....nothing was Chartreuse! :sad: I'm sorry....:sad: :sad:

aww - you're such a sweetheart to do that for me-trust me to pick a hard colour!! It will come when it's ready, though! I really appreciate,that, though (nothing like having a personal shopper in Hermes,SF!!). :smile:

I think I like Selliers, too, now.......:shame: .......I'm SO glad you bought her!!:yes:

shopmom411 said:
KRISTIE.....Thank you so much! She's a very, very pretty color like a Caramel candy. On the tag it says, Caramel but the pics don't really do her justice. A Sellier bag is a bag that is sewn on the outside in the Rigid style but has a souple hand to it which, I believe, is the result of the leather chosen to make the bag with. Now, when I look at my Chocolate Kelly, she's a Sellier as well but of Togo and a larger size and so she "slouches" more than the Caramel Kelly does which is made of Chevre and is 28cm. I hope I'm right here, anyone?

I also had a nice little discussion with my SA about your Chartreuse Kelly which resulted in him taking EVERY green item out of the cases and looking at the name of the color on its tag. Everything was Vert Anis....nothing was Chartreuse! :sad: I'm sorry....:sad: :sad:

Why didn't he just look up "chartreuse" in the leather book?:idea:

OMG, hermes_leming! That's a good question! I didn't even think of that? Do all H stores have a leather book because I've NEVER seen them take one out to show anybody. Huh....next time I'll remember to ask though....strange.

They're funny, aren't they? I've never even been SHOWN the leather book at my boutique...they just guess at what I'm taking about!!

S-mom, did the vert anis appear different colours in different leathers? I just don't want the "bright" green look- I'd actually like a "neutral" green,if you know what I mean?:blink:

I think I'm going to have to do a special order and wait it out.........:yucky: !!

I am in LOVE with Chevre,though!!

:love: Shopmom, I can totally see why you HAD to get this bag! It's starting to convert me into Kelly gal! The chevre looks absolutely DIVINE on it, I must say. It really is beautiful. I think if I owned her I'd think she was almost too beautiful to use. :hrmm:

I know! Right now she's sitting on top of my dresser and I swear that leather smell is filling the room! I just can't take her to the movie theater...it's not special enough for her first trip out.

KRISTIE...yes...the different leathers take the color differently. I think for the green's you might really need to take a look at that color book and choose the right leather that brings out the color the way you want it. 'cause I saw some really grey-ish greens today...and one that looked like pea soup.

YEP - That's what I'm gonna have to do - because I think it's themore greyish-green that I'm after.....

Princess can't go to the movies for her first outing......bet the whole time you're there, you'll be thinking of her, though!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Yeah...I think she really is a princess. All the other bags are in their sleepers in the closet while she's out on the dresser being just, you know, a princess.

OMG. I just thought of something. What am I going to do when she gets her first smudge of dirt on her?!?!?!!?!? Or, God Forbid, a dab of lipstick or a pen mark!?!?!?!?! Jeez...she's such a light color...now I'm going to worry.....:shocked: :shocked: And the cats like to rub on everything...what if she gets slobber all over?????? :shocked:

He, he,he.....if I was there I would be the one slobbering allover her - not the cats!!!!!:roflmfao:

You'll need to keep anything "dangerous" (ie: markable) in another pouch inside Princess....I do this with all my make-up and pens etc. My handbags just hold smaller little bags inside!! (but I told you I was freaky-neat!).

:rolleyes: