Finally got my first dior in python. An early xmas present

I was told exotics are very durable, and i was told croc/ alligator is one of most durable . I think when people are talking about durability, they are referring to how scratch/mark resistant these reptile skins are . Although when it comes to water, its their kryptonite ( go figure) . You would think you spend so much you would get something that holds up to a water drop!! . Your LD I believe can definitely be fixed by Dior. :smile:

Don't give up on python though! I got my first a few months ago, and they are just unbelievable bags. I really never worry about it getting scratched or stained. I've taken mine to clubs and parties, its fallen on the floor (dance floors can be really dirty) no problems. One thing I can say is condition condition condition ! It keeps the scales from lifting, and also prevents it from absorbing any stains that do get on it .

No cleaner, it was just water n a regular towel.

The towel may have cleaning agents on it from before (i.e. laundry detergent residues), and the texture looks a bit abrasive for a delicate leather. And as Brandee1002 said, water is damaging to leathers, especially treated python skins like the one on your Lady Dior. Although some people may think that the more expensive the leather is, the more durable it should be, it usually is the other way around. Delicate leathers have the best textures and finishes, and they are often expensive while being very easy to damage.

The towel may have cleaning agents on it from before (i.e. laundry detergent residues), and the texture looks a bit abrasive for a delicate leather. And as Brandee1002 said, water is damaging to leathers, especially treated python skins like the one on your Lady Dior. Although some people may think that the more expensive the leather is, the more durable it should be, it usually is the other way around. Delicate leathers have the best textures and finishes, and they are often expensive while being very easy to damage.

It a clean towel from the hotel. N i saw sth dirty on the bag so i tried to clean it. Sniff.
Would a different color python be better?how do you clean python if it get dirty than?i really dont want to part with it now 😭

I was told exotics are very durable, and i was told croc/ alligator is one of most durable . I think when people are talking about durability, they are referring to how scratch/mark resistant these reptile skins are . Although when it comes to water, its their kryptonite ( go figure) . You would think you spend so much you would get something that holds up to a water drop!! . Your LD I believe can definitely be fixed by Dior. :smile:

I was told they are durable too. I didnt know clean it with wet towel will do that.anyone know wat if i cant exchange. How long will the repair take?it my first dior bag, so i dont really know much about dior policies. 😭

It a clean towel from the hotel. N i saw sth dirty on the bag so i tried to clean it. Sniff.
Would a different color python be better?how do you clean python if it get dirty than?i really dont want to part with it now 😭

I was told they are durable too. I didnt know clean it with wet towel will do that.anyone know wat if i cant exchange. How long will the repair take?it my first dior bag, so i dont really know much about dior policies. 😭

I wouldn't trust hotel towels. They may be cleaned with industrial strength detergents that leave residues behind.

Repair usually takes a few weeks. They have to send the bag out first to get an estimate, get back to you to see if you agree on the repair cost, repair the bag, and ship it back to you. You're looking at about a month at least, although they have surprised me in the past with a repair just over 2 weeks.

If you get a mark on the python clean it with leather conditioner that says safe for exotics or exotic conditioner. I use paper towels + conditioner to clean mine, it seems to work fine. On the bright side the little damage you have is on on the top of the bag, less visible than the front or sides. :smile: It will look brand new in a month , Dior has great customer service.

To spot clean delicate leathers I use a qtip and dab with a small amount of filtered or drinking water while not exerting too much pressure. To condition python skin, a product called Dyo works great and placing it in a refrigerator for a few hours. I think a dab of conditioner on the whiten area will blend some color back in. Good luck!

If you get a mark on the python clean it with leather conditioner that says safe for exotics or exotic conditioner. I use paper towels + conditioner to clean mine, it seems to work fine. On the bright side the little damage you have is on on the top of the bag, less visible than the front or sides. :smile: It will look brand new in a month , Dior has great customer service.
。yes. I was lucky the spot was not on the front. And yesterday i spilled butter oil on my bag, but luckily i wiped with a wet towel right away. and it came off. I decided to use the bag a little bit longer than take it to repair. After a bag is meant to be used. I already have scratches on the edge of the bag(such a way to comfort myself😂)

To spot clean delicate leathers I use a qtip and dab with a small amount of filtered or drinking water while not exerting too much pressure. To condition python skin, a product called Dyo works great and placing it in a refrigerator for a few hours. I think a dab of conditioner on the whiten area will blend some color back in. Good luck!

Thanks i will look that up online. I also speak to my Sa she said she will find out for me which conditioner is good as well. I just got the bag so i believe it free within a year for repair.

I wouldn't trust hotel towels. They may be cleaned with industrial strength detergents that leave residues behind.

Repair usually takes a few weeks. They have to send the bag out first to get an estimate, get back to you to see if you agree on the repair cost, repair the bag, and ship it back to you. You're looking at about a month at least, although they have surprised me in the past with a repair just over 2 weeks.

I agree with you. I wasnt really thinking. It was a tiny dot so 😂

。yes. I was lucky the spot was not on the front. And yesterday i spilled butter oil on my bag, but luckily i wiped with a wet towel right away. and it came off. I decided to use the bag a little bit longer than take it to repair. After a bag is meant to be used. I already have scratches on the edge of the bag(such a way to comfort myself😂)

Thanks i will look that up online. I also speak to my Sa she said she will find out for me which conditioner is good as well. I just got the bag so i believe it free within a year for repair.

Please let us know what conditioner is recomended and how to apply it. I have thecsame bag but a yellow one. I have not dared to take it out yet.