Fifth anniversary... *scratching head*

primeraclase

Dec 29, 2006
Due to recent family tragedies, both my wife and I have been basically living through a fog. We're starting to come out of it but most of this happens to cross right over our fifth anniversary which is coming very shortly. We're planning a major addition to the house so I can't splash out on jewelry or the Kelly bag I know she wants but... I know she loves to shop and she LOVES NM gift certificates. So, what I thought was that in addition to the flowers/dinner/cards that are mandatory, I'd have Neimans drop a decently sized gift certificate in her Email with this attached. IMO it's always the thought that counts and my writing is one of my greatest assets... agree, disagree? Thoughts?

Five years. It hasn't always been easy. Through it all, my love for you has grown ever stronger. You are, have always been, and always will be the greatest gift given to me. We two, we fit each other as none before. I look at you, and smile. Even without a word, you bring joy to my heart; you lift my spirit; you calm me; you make me a better man. Each morning, I rise, loving you that much more than the day before. Happy anniversary, my cherished love.

Very sweet! But why dont you write it out yourself and give her the NM gift certificates during your dinner? Just a thought! Either way, you are one romantic person!! You could teach my DH a few things..

Another suggestion: the traditional 5th anniversary gift is wood. (I know, I'm a dork. I looked it up.)

You could get a pretty little inexpensive jewelry / trinket box and put the certificate and that sweet message inside.