Feeling Quite Bag Shamed at the Moment

Hi Fendi! I'm in NJ too and yup Coach is everywhere! Sometimes its too much, which is why I like leather bags mostly. Who knows, maybe his wife is educating him on Coach and he was just making an observation. You can never tell with men - they make strange comments for no reason! I would wear your bag proudly and not give it another thought.

I'm also in NJ. I TOTALLY agree...leather bags mostly for me! At least I don't see what I buy on every other person's shoulder.

Moments like this is why I actually talked myself out of buying a Speedy. B/c I think it makes a good work bag and I was scard I would be weirded out to bring it.

I felt like people would make comments.

We make more in the modest range for what we do b/c we are a small, suburban company. People in the cities might make x 2 what we do for the same job.

A lot of people always complain about the pay, but they have families to think about. I am young and single, so I can afford to make the same thing and still splurge...it's really not anyone's business, but I feel like people always choose to say things.

In NJ Coach is like a staple...they are EVERYWHERE...it's not like I had a Birkin or something. I am shocked anyone would be impressed by a Coach where I live. I figured maybe even LV, but not this.

That is how I feel!! I bought a multicolor Alma and one of my managers tried to tell me it was fake!!:cursing: I ALWAYS have people asking me if my Coach's are authentic! It drives me nuts. While I should feel flattered it is frustrating because it burns my A** that these idiots can't tell quality from quantity. Even when they touch and examen they are still not convinced. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Oh well, I love my bags :love: and I know they are real, that is all that really counts. I can't be one of those people who parade around in a knock off trying to look Cool!! Cause us real cool girls know that how getto those bags look :yes:

There are fake CARS??
YES !!! If you can believe it ! I have seen "kits" for cars like BMW's ! I was thinking this guy at work was probably trying to make conversation like someone else mentioned and/or showing off his knowledge that he knew it was a Coach ! And probably a little flirting as someone else mentioned too !

Well actually I wouldn't be put off by it.

I've trained my fiance to know brands just by looking, even ones that aren't signature. Maybe someone at home has been training your boss?

Moments like this is why I actually talked myself out of buying a Speedy. B/c I think it makes a good work bag and I was scard I would be weirded out to bring it.

We make more in the modest range for what we do b/c we are a small, suburban company. People in the cities might make x 2 what we do for the same job.

A lot of people always complain about the pay, but they have families to think about. I am young and single, so I can afford to make the same thing and still splurge...it's really not anyone's business, but I feel like people always choose to say things.

In NJ Coach is like a staple...they are EVERYWHERE...it's not like I had a Birkin or something. I am shocked anyone would be impressed by a Coach where I live. I figured maybe even LV, but not this.

aww, fendi, i can definitely see where you're coming from. he might have been saying it to be an a**hole, or he was impressed that you have good style. it takes guys forever to notice things - you can be carrying nice bags for a year & then one day he will realize it for whatever reason. regardless- just like you said, you are in a good place right with your age/not married yet & having this job, and you have every right to get what you want & deserve without having to be made to feel bad about it! ESPECIALLY by your boss. i don't know if you're 23ish (because of your 84 in your username), but i'm going to be 22, live in nj, and have had very similar comments made to by people at my job. even a woman. it's not their place, and the comments come from either 1 of a few places, insecurity on their part, rudeness or surprise (in a good way) & admiration. even though lots of ppl here in nj have coach bags, i see lots of moms with them or young girls whose parents get them for them as presents. i think in ur early 20s, ppl who see you in a work environment figure that you bought whatever you have on your own, and that is very admirable.

also - GET THE SPEEDY if you want it, girl! SERIOUSLY, i have been the same way recently. any time i bring up lv (& ive been bringing up balenciaga too, which is worse), my bf/mom/friends say 'coach isn't enough? you really need to waste your money on a bag?" like who's place is it to say it's wasting money, or to comment on my financial position? or, most importantly, on what makes me happy? we all have to do what makes us happy and respect others for doing the same - your boss should as well. so i say, GET the speedy! i'm sure you'd rock it, so why not!!!! ;)

What does he care what you do with your money. What a pain in the butt. He he. That is very weird, does he think that they are overpriced for you, out of your reach. Hmm your right the fact that your boss was the one that asked you was weird.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm single and no kids so my money goes to whatever I choose. People at work are always commenting on my bags (because like you, I change purses every other day and they are all designer). my favorite line isn't "is that real?" but "I couldn't imagine paying THAT much for a purse?" My boss says that to me quite often.:hysteric: I guess she feels like since she is my boss and makes more than I do, that I should not have a nice bag since she doesn't. :yucky: Whatever.....

ETA: The good southern belle in me couldn't get pass this but seriouly....even if someone thinks your bag is fake, how RUDE of them to ask!

Hi Fendi! I'm in NJ too and yup Coach is everywhere! Sometimes its too much, which is why I like leather bags mostly. Who knows, maybe his wife is educating him on Coach and he was just making an observation. You can never tell with men - they make strange comments for no reason! I would wear your bag proudly and not give it another thought.

I live way south in NJ and the only Coach that is everywhere down here are the fakes. It is actually not that common to see a real Coach here where I live. Perhaps that's why I'm attracted to leather bags too, otherwise it'd be assumed that my bag was fake. The only time I'm questioned is when I wear a scarf or something with a sig pattern and then people will say "oh, is that real?" :wtf:

Onward though....I know how you feel with people judging you by your bag. I once felt awkward during school when I was chatting with someone about financial aid and she was like "oh, I see you have a nice Coach purse"...I almost felt like she was implying that I shouldn't have a Coach purse because I get financial aid. Huh? :confused1: At the time, it was the only bag I owned and dh had bought it for me for graduating county with a perfect GPA. Even still, because I splurge on a $400 bag that means I can afford to shell out tens of thousands in tuition? Sometimes I think about what people think when you carry a designer bag but the thing is, if you (like me) buy at the outlets and on ebay, you can get some great deals while not sacrificing quality. People just don't know how to shop ;)

I'm in [north]NJ and I see Coach everywhere, especially Carly's or Signature Striped Tote's. I work p/t in the mall and will watch people walk by and play 'real or fake' though Real seems to definately outnumber Fake here. Usually those I see with Fakes are of the younger crowd.

I know a few people where I work carry Coach, only one other girl my age does though, most are generally older. But most of the girls know I worked there over the holiday, only one so far has asked if my bag was real but it was more in admiration then anything. At my new job, which is a different purse store, they kind of look at me funny for having all this Coach stuff. Oh well.

Hopefully he was just trying to strike up conversation over something.

YES !!! If you can believe it ! I have seen "kits" for cars like BMW's !

With many of the kit cars, it's not about faking it or saying it's a BMW or something. It's a little different than with fake Coach bags, IMO.

Some people just build them because it's FUN to build cars.
It's actually funny to hear that the one guy is being made fun of by children, who don't understand what a kit car is. Although, if the guy is being dumb about it and saying it's a real BMW or something, that's a different story for sure.

I live a few towns away from this very high crime industrial city and there are fake and tricked out cars all over the place. I have seen a bunch of them usually driven by these young,punka$$, radio too loud that it shakes every car around them. I don't think they it is there hobby. There are a few illegal chop shops there but a lot of these cars are hilarious ! I know the people who build the vintage kit cars, they are not the same thing as what I was refering to lol !