Feeding a Hermes addiction - and selling all else (I think)

I had that Kelly for 1 month, never used it and ended up selling it to a gentleman on eBay who was definitely a PHH for a very lucky lady. He said this was the 3rd bag he was buying for his wife (but the 1st from eBay) and that it was a gift to her for being such a wonderful woman.:love:

Ok, I'm obviously NOT awake today. I mean to say that he is a PLH, not PHH. He knew exactly what he was talking about and he really appreciated Hermes as well.

I have no problem listing and selling bags that I have enjoyed, but have now moved on from... I appreciate having eBay and the Marketplaza available...percentage gained is quite a bit higher than my previous experiences with consignment...

I have given away/sold all but my Chanel and Hermes bags. I don't miss any of them. The most fun was giving away most of my bags to my friends and I now love seeing my old (but hardly used) being given the love they deserve.

i have just sold all my Prada, Mulberry and Fendi to fund my latest Hermes. i also sold an LV cerises pochette and green epi bag but still have 10 LV bags and a Chanel i won't part with as hubbie got it me for wedding anniversary. i find also as i get older my taste is less obvious designer, i love well made classic stuff but if i buy this season's must have i later regret it as it dates really quickly. also when i stare at that whole shelf full of LV bags on my closet i think i could have got one nice Hermes instead. i still dream about that ultimate capsule wardrobe - you know the one where you can live in one black dress, jeans, white shirt, cashmere roll neck and leather jacket with fab accessories but it bugs me i have so much STUFF!

It's a relief to know I am not alone. Although I do not need to sell, to cash out to fund my purchases, I really need to consider the space constraint I have with in the recent entries of my huge orange boxes. They are hardly inconspicuous!

I contacted a local 2nd hand store, and from the ball park prices she quoted me, I would be losing about USD500 on each of my bags. Do you think it's a bad deal? These are for the Chanel bowler and Tod's Gireii.

It doesn't sound too bad...you would avoid any potential eBay "grief", spam, etc. You would only have to drop the bags off...more convenient if you do not typically sell on-line... Or...you could try the Marketplaza for a week or so to see if anyone on board might be interested...

I also tend to sell for space and practical purposes...I don't like it when my bags "sit"...I would rather they find love and attention in another home...

Mrs Sparkles, I think there're quite a few second hand stores in Singapore, some better than others, and some with customers who are willing to pay more for quality goods. Maybe you need to contact a few more of them to see.

I can't really comment on the prices she gave you since I have no idea of the new cost of the things, unfortunately. (Not a Chanel gal.)

It's a relief to know I am not alone. Although I do not need to sell, to cash out to fund my purchases, I really need to consider the space constraint I have with in the recent entries of my huge orange boxes. They are hardly inconspicuous!

I contacted a local 2nd hand store, and from the ball park prices she quoted me, I would be losing about USD500 on each of my bags. Do you think it's a bad deal? These are for the Chanel bowler and Tod's Gireii.

$500? That's how many % off the retail? Also, have you worn the bags before? Personally I prefer selling my stuff through eBay first. I don't know how your consignment store works but I remember contacting one of the reputable consignment store in my area last year and they told me that they are going to sell my stuff (which are brand-new and still in season btw) at slightly LESS than retail and that I only get 50% of that money back. Also, I don't get the money til they sell it and the whole time I'm to leave my bags there with them. Needless to say, I decided to sell through eBay and recoup a lot more money that way. To avoid selling grief, just make sure you have taken the proper precautions. I always document everything and get stuff notarized. I even take pictures as the items are being mailed every step of the way. It's a bit anal on my part but it's worth it for protection purposes. HTH:flowers:

maybe i am crazy,but since i became totally addicted to hermes,i dont like to carry any of my other bags anymore.
so i just considered to sell my LV suhalis and special editions to feel good!...and get some cash to hermes-account:smile: