Food Favorite healthy snacks?

Love4MK

The Blonde Bag Lady
O.G.
Oct 3, 2010
Hey-o! I'm looking to change my diet (I have a MAJOR sweet tooth) so I'm asking all you healthy ladies (and gents!) ...

What are your favorite healthy (but yummy!) snacks?

Popcorn that I pop myself on the stove. I like to add a little bit of butter and truffle salt, but you can always skip the butter if you're counting calories. Or substitute with a little drizzle of olive oil. If you don't have truffle salt, Parmesan cheese is good, too. I'm a believer that butter is not bad for you in moderation, especially if the rest of your diet is healthy.

Whole grain pretzels that I get at Whole Foods with a side of peanut butter or one ounce of cheese and apple.

Plain Greek yogurt with drizzled raw honey.

Nuts and 70% dark chocolate or a few pieces of dried fruit.

Hummus and whole wheat pita chips or raw veggies.

Homemade kale chips. Search youtube or recipes online.

If you're in a baking mood, bake some healthy banana or blueberry muffins substituted with whole wheat flour and honey. You can search recipes online, but PM me and I can share some of my favorites. :smile: you can also search for healthy, sugar free muffins.

Frozen bananas. They taste like ice cream. Sometimes I put a small amount of honey or caramel sauce or chocolate sauce on it.

Instead of a milkshake or ice cream, I add syrup or International Delight and maybe sweetener to fat free milk and try to drink it slowly with a straw.

Apple & caramel sauce & walnuts.

(You only need a teaspoon or less of the sugary sauces to make things taste good.)

Apple & peanut butter.

Peanuts & raisins.

Ricotta cheese mixed with a small amount of fat free milk and sweetener, topped with thawed frozen blueberries or strawberries.

Frozen bananas. They taste like ice cream. Sometimes I put a small amount of honey or caramel sauce or chocolate sauce on it.

Instead of a milkshake or ice cream, I add syrup or International Delight and maybe sweetener to fat free milk and try to drink it slowly with a straw.

Apple & caramel sauce & walnuts.

(You only need a teaspoon or less of the sugary sauces to make things taste good.)

Apple & peanut butter.

Peanuts & raisins.

Ricotta cheese mixed with a small amount of fat free milk and sweetener, topped with thawed frozen blueberries or strawberries.

This sounds divine!

I recently discovered these awesome fruit roll ups called Matt's Munchies. I am obsessed with the Island Mango flavour. Downside: they're expensive.

I also buy snack packs of nuts (I find nuts moreish, so I need portion restriction). Dried cranberries and almonds are my favourite combo. I like freeze dried fruit too; handy cupboard standby. Also, carrot sticks with Extra Light Philly.

Roasted organic almonds or walnuts, fresh fruits or raw vegetables, or a fresh green smoothie made with a handful of organic spinach, pineapple chunks, and a frozen or fresh banana. You can add some coconut water and flax seed to it as well.