Fake Tiffany Jewelry?

If the piece is one that is on the Tiffany and Co. website then what you can do is enlarge the photo from the website, put it on half of your screen, then the picture from ebay on the other half of the screen. When they are so large and you are comparing them side by side, it is often easy to tell if it is a fake. Most of them are. Look at the edges and curves. I have not yet purchased anything Tiffany from eBay. I just don't want to get burned. I love Tiffany and I would rather save up longer, then have the real thing.

Good luck with your shopping!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Ugh, my husband bought me a tiffany necklace from a market in China. It was so light it almost floated out of the box when he opened it. I've no idea where it's gone but I'm thinking it might look cute on the kitty.

gymangel812 said:
How faked is it on ebay? I'm looking to buy a piece or two but I don't want to get burned by fakes. What should I look for? I don't have a Tiffany & Co anywhere close to me, so I can't go to the store :sad:.

ya it's kind of hard to tell with jewelry because pictures don't really show the 'feel'. a nice piece should feel like heavy silk lol that's the best way I can describe it...

gymangel812 said:
I'm looking for the open heart necklace basically. Does Tiffanys even still make it?
Definitely Tiffany & Co. Boutique still has it. I bought mine in Tiffany & Co. store in San Francisco downtown around 2 years ago then I also gave my best friend a open heart necklace just last year. :yes:

I would be afraid to buy Tiffany off ebay...the only thing that I have bought and was happy with were 2 T&Co gift cards that I turned around and used at the store! Tiffany.com would be your best bet...good luck!

^ Yeah they had an article in the Wall Street Journal a while ago where they conducted an experiment by buying like 200+ Tiffany things off ebay.. and over 90% turned out to be fake or of questionable authenticity!

I got this "Tiffany" piece from ebay years ago. I had never seen it before and it was so cute, Tiffany or not....It's an open heart on one end and a cupid's arrow on the other. It has "Tiffany and Co.", "Italy" and 1994 along the back of the heart. I have no idea if it's real, but it's very cute and heavy as hell....

i have recently recieved a at tiffany kneclace and bracelet (the please return to range) also a silver cuff bracelet. i recieved them as an inheritage from an aunt that used to live in new york. i have looked up nsites to see it they are real or fake and i really cant spot any signs. the cuff bracelet has the tiffany and co engraved on the back and the two please return to range feel rather heavy the links are joined where the round tag is so i believe they are real but i may be wrong i just cant tell as they did not come in boxes just a jewellery box

i was going to put them on ebay to see if i could sell them but with the bad feedback im not so sure untill i know for certain they are real

If the piece is one that is on the Tiffany and Co. website then what you can do is enlarge the photo from the website, put it on half of your screen, then the picture from ebay on the other half of the screen. When they are so large and you are comparing them side by side, it is often easy to tell if it is a fake. Most of them are. Look at the edges and curves. I have not yet purchased anything Tiffany from eBay. I just don't want to get burned. I love Tiffany and I would rather save up longer, then have the real thing.

Good luck with your shopping!

I wish you well,

Bridget
But how can someone be sure that the pictures listed on an eBay auction are of the item they will be receiving? I've heard of way too many auctions of the item received being different than the item shown in the pictures, which is why I'd be extremely wary of buying T&Co products from eBay. I'm sure there are authentics out there on eBay, but it's not worth the money lost and aggravation caused by unintentionally buying counterfeit goods.

I'd personally rather save up and buy straight from the boutique. The extra $$$ is worth the peace of mind. :yes: