Fake? Discontinued?

itgoesthere

Jun 26, 2006
Hey ya'll!

So I have a question . . . Today I saw a friend who was carrying a bag I've never seen before. It reminds me of a Cabas, but the vachetta straps go all the way down the bag, and the bottom isn't vachetta, it's monogram. But there is piping separating the bottom of the bag in the same shape that the vachetta would be on a Cabas. And then I just saw a woman on TV carrying the same bag. That doesn't necessarily mean it's real, but she was plunking down $15k on plastic surgery, so I don't think money would keep her from buying authentic. ;)

It must have been a Babylone:
p10234687_ph_hero.jpg

eLUXURY - Louis Vuitton - Louis Vuitton, monogram, vuittonbag, louisvuitton, M

Not quite - there is no vachetta, not even the strip, on the bottom, but rather very thin vachetta piping (like on a Speedy) that traces the shape like on a Cabas (it goes up like triangles on the side of the bag.)

aha- I think I found it :biggrin:
The Sac Flanerie- discontinued in the mid-90's, I believe. The pic is of the GM model- it's on my wishlist :girlsigh:

Attachments

• gbvftvbhtfhgbf.jpg
    gbvftvbhtfhgbf.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20176.jpg
    20176.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 61
Getting closer, but not quite. :smile:

Basically, imagine the Cabas Piano . . . but the straps go all the way down . . . and the vachette on the bottom is JUST piping around a piece of monogram. Same exact shape, but just an outline. I'll try and mock up an image on my computer when I have a second. It's possibly not a real bag, just thought it was strange to see the exact same (possible) fake two times in two totally different areas in like two hours.