Facial Contouring Experience With Arc :)

tobitaiii

Mar 5, 2023
Hello everyone! This is my review of Arc plastic surgery. Whilst I was given a discount for writing a review, my thoughts and opinions are my solely my own!

I reached out to Arc through WhatsApp late in 2023 to consult about sliding genioplasty / mini v line. I was greeted by Dazy who operates as their English consultant for foreign patients (more on her later) who went over price quotes with me, surgical details, Arc’s location and asked for a couple of references if there was a look I was trying to emulate. I did struggle a bit with references as there wasn’t a 1-1 to look I wanted to go for, my goal was just me but better. I initially heard about Arc through a friend of a friend and given their results and positive experience I was sold hard enough to put down a surgical deposit. I’d personally go for a few consultations with different clinics if you’re not sure, there is no harm in doing so.

I landed in Seoul on January 6th! Navigating Incheon Airport was relatively easy, however I was pretty tired and came alone so I opted to get a taxi to Gangnam (not really cheap, but I got there). I got to my hotel and had 2 days to hang around and admire Seoul before my consultation. I was staying quite close to Arc which was great help as recovery can be quite rough (but more on that later)

My consultation eventually came around and my nerves started to kick in. Arc’s lobby is minimalistic and beautifully designed! I was greeted by Dazy and filled out a form with all my details. We sat down and I was asked whether I wanted an extremely dramatic result or quite a natural one, I popped myself into the “natural but noticeable” category but knowing that they cater very well and hear you out for exactly what you want is a really big green flag.

We did usual standard procedures such as taking pre-op photos and taking blood tests, I was not a fan but they were very gentle regardless hehe. I did sit in a consultation room for quite a while as they were waiting for Dr Kwon to finish up in the operating room, the wait was nothing egregious but knowing he takes his time and doesn’t rush is a good sign. He eventually came into the room and we went over movements and the accurate surgical plan we were going for. I was asked to look into a mirror and tell him what I wanted to change, I was quite nervous and couldn’t articulate my vision perfectly but he understood me word for word effortlessly. Dr Kwon is a really cool guy and takes a meticulous approach to his work, he speaks fluent English but Dazy was stood beside me anyway. They let me go after 2-3 hours and we scheduled another consultation soon after.

Surgery day eventually came around and we went over one final surgical plan which involved shaving asymmetrical angles around my jaw and advanced my chin forward 6mm. I got changed into a dressing gown, washed my face and gargled some solution, didnt taste too good but it was a necessary evil :/ Dazy followed me into the operating room where I was met by the anaesthesiologist, I didn’t get their name but they had a great sense of humor! I was being strapped down onto the operating table but still felt taken care of, it’s a weird feeling but i knew i was in good hands.

I had to stay overnight in the clinic, the nurses were very sweet and no matter how you piece the puzzle together there will always be swelling and soreness felt. In full honesty I didn’t sleep at all that night due to the discomfort but this is natural and common. I couldn’t drink water for a few hours post op which was quite difficult and had to lay upright, at some point during the night a blood vessel burst and a bunch of nurses and Dr Kwon himself came in to check on me. It was nothing extreme but just a major surge in swelling, this is expected and is only alarming if there is swelling around your neck as this could impact your breathing.

I got cleared at 11am the next day once my condition got better and I felt okay all things considered. I was instructed to go into a liquid diet which would slowly progress to soft foods then a standard diet. Before getting any kind of surgery done please make sure that you’re okay with your appearance fluctuating during recovery. The first three weeks post op made me look like a bruised chipmunk, but Dazy made sure I knew it would get better with time haha. Where Arc truly shines is how much effort and time they put into helping you recover with deswelling treatments, they constantly check on you and make sure you heal well!!

Today I’m just over one month post op and I look pretty normal, I can eat all the food I want to but refrain from really crunchy foods just to be safe. There is a minimal feeling of tightness in my chin but that is expected to decrease with time. I’m very happy with my result, it’s sitting somewhere between a square jaw and a slim v shape but looks very natural.

I don’t think I feel comfortable showing pictures, or not without heavy blurring. But I am more than happy to answer any questions! Thank u once again to Arc and Dazy for everything !

hello thank you for writing up this review! I'm glad to hear you had a great experience with them :smile:

I have scheduled a consult with ARC and am most likely going with them for genioplasty in the coming months. May I see your before & afters as well?

Hi, I’m also interested in ARC for genio, would it be possible to PM me B/A and the price as well? I’m glad you had a good experience! Haven’t heard much (if any) negative reviews for ARC yet.

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience and its great to hear that you're satisfied with the result! If you don't mind could I also see the B/A photos and inquire about the price? Thank you! :smile: