Eye candy from Hermès Marbella, Spain

lilach said:
i am confused too :lol:

so again:
marbella kelly according to the sa´s - violette (lloks mauve on my screen)
-the croc birkin and bearn -violette too (looks both violet in reality the pic see below for better view1.niloticus pic two porosus)
-but what is the otrich colour of the ostrich birkin i posted aboveit looks compareable to violette on croc colourwise but totally different to the violette ostrich in marbella so what is it? violine?

Ok, so it's not my computer moniotor then. because the Marbella Kelly looks Mauve on my screen too. The ostrich Birkin you posted look more blue-purple on my screen, does it look like that as well on your monitor?

I've asked my SA about both Violine and Violet and she couldn't really tell me what the shade was. The first time she said violine was lighter than violet, the second time she said violine was darker.:upsidedown:

yes the birkin i posted is a real purple violet (like the crocs) while the marbella is mauve-ish- so that is what i am thinking that if violine is an ostrich exclusive colour they just made that to get a shade similar to the normal violette shade on the other leathers ut of course have to invent a new name for the colour . ahem do i make sense? :upsidedown:

lilach said:
yes the birkin i posted is a real purple violet (like the crocs) while the marbella is mauve-ish- so that is what i am thinking that if violine is an ostrich exclusive colour they just made that to get a shade similar to the normal violette shade on the other leathers ut of course have to invent a new name for the colour . ahem do i make sense? :upsidedown:

Yup, perfect sense. It's the Hermes naming convention for colors that's not making sense right now.:lol: See, I actually like the Mauve-ish color ostrich more than the purple ostrich.

La Vanguardia said:
^^I'm not sure about the color of the Bolide. But the Plume was definitely rouge garance.

I think it's pretty useless trying to define colors in pics, especially if taken through a shop window with electric lights ecc... The Plume looks FUSCHIA on my monitor!?!:wtf:

lilach said:
mhmm keeps me wondering if that is violette what is the colour below? and if thte kelly in marbella is violette (lloks mauveishon my screen)
why lloks it so different from violette in croc (that looks more like the colour below wich is in ostrich) mhmm.
i am just trying to figure that out. OR do we know if violine is an ostrich only colour so we could assume that hermès used the violette dye on croc turning out a real violet but on ostrich it became mauveish and then they made a colour that looks like violet does on croc but named it then violine on ostrich? :shrugs:
If I had to pick one of these, then the last picture of the croc comes closest to the violine.

Thanks for the pictures, lilach. A very nice sampling of purples!

The Marbella Kelly looks very different, maybe it is the lighting from overhead because on my monitor it definitely leans more towards the blue end of mauve.

I think I heard before that violine is not only in ostrich ...

Well, I don't really know because I haven't seen the dang violine Birkin in my boutique which hasn't arrived since forever. Anyway, according to the SA in Marbella when I called she said it was violette. I even asked again that it is not violine. She said it is not violine but violette ...

I also spoke with the SA in Spanish so there is no language barrier there.

rainrowan said:
Thanks for the pictures, lilach. A very nice sampling of purples!

The Marbella Kelly looks very different, maybe it is the lighting from overhead because on my monitor it definitely leans more towards the blue end of mauve.

It could be the lighting and the pic was taken at around 11:30 PM :yes: