Experiences with Luxe du Jour?

Dec 8, 2018
Hi everyone,

I’m quite inexperienced with luxury bags (three bags in collection - Givenchy Antigona, LV alma BB and Gucci convertible micro GG dome) and am thinking of trying out the preloved market. I live in Canada so am trying to optimize shipping hurdles as well. I’ve been eyeing and researching Luxe du Jour and have my heart set on a Celine luggage nano...surprisingly, there is not much on the Internet or in this forum (have searched all threads for Luxe du Jour/LDJ).

Wondering if you have bought with LDJ and what your experience was like? Or, do you know of or have heard of positive or nightmarish experiences with LDJ? I’m most concerned about the possibility of fakes slipping through, despite their 100% authentic guarantee...

Thank you!

I haven't purchased anything from Luxe du Jour but I have sold with them before and it was a good experience. My bag sold fast and I was paid right away. I may be remembering wrong as it was a few years ago but I think they offered me a buy out option and consignment option. The latter was higher and I went with that.

For Canada I would also recommend Haute Classics and Forever Red Soles. I had many good experiences, both selling and buying, with Haute Classics. Unfortunately, Haute Classics no longer offer a diverse variety. All their recent offerings have been either Chanel or Hermes, and only their most popular styles, so I'm unable to find anything I'm interested in anymore. With Forever Red Soles I only purchased one bag but it was a smooth transaction, and they have a diverse selection.

Upside and VSP is also good, also located in Canada. The Real Real is a hit and miss.

Lastly, you can never go wrong with Fashionphile or Yoogi's. Both (especially FP) has an amazing selection that's unmatched.

These are my experiences so far, hope other Canadians can chime in with more recommendations.

Last edited:
Reactions: AuroraSeraphina
I have used lux de hour and forever red soles to sell. They were both very responsive and I had no issues with them. I know forever red soles uses entrupy to identify fakes but I’m not sure about luxe de jour. I think you need to do your own due diligence when buying pre owned, there are just a lot of really good fakes out there.

Reactions: AuroraSeraphina
I been waiting for my payment for three items for 3 weeks. Emailed them twice about where’s my payment but no response. I had a bag that I wanted to be on sale $100 less and we had an agreement but when they posted it was $300 less. The communication and transparency is lacking and unnecessary stressful.

Last edited:
I do NOT recommend this company. My experience with them is just through selling so I can't speak to purchasing but they are very unresponsive, so much so that they have not even confirmed my drop off of a bag to sell that was nearly a week ago despite several emails requesting a response and confirmation. I'm nearing a point where I have no other option but to file a police report for theft, as for all I know, they have no intention of confirming the delivery or paying me for my bag.

Reactions: Baglover2223
I do NOT recommend this company. My experience with them is just through selling so I can't speak to purchasing but they are very unresponsive, so much so that they have not even confirmed my drop off of a bag to sell that was nearly a week ago despite several emails requesting a response and confirmation. I'm nearing a point where I have no other option but to file a police report for theft, as for all I know, they have no intention of confirming the delivery or paying me for my bag.
Update: I FINALLY heard back from them after several attempts to reach them without reply. I do think they are legitimate but have a lot of work to do to improve business practices and communication.

Reactions: gracipoo
I bought from them twice, never sold to them but I'm considering it as well. I had good experiences both times :smile: But there are a few things I wanted to share.

I find that they are very responsive on instagram, but not so much their email. I emailed them to be put on a wish-list for a bag once but never got a response and when the bag was in stock, I didn't get any email notification. Instagram though, they reply really quick! like seconds. I even messaged them after 1am EST and they replied right away :smile: They answered all my questions, provided more photos when I asked.

Items posted on their Instagram stories are sometimes (not often though) not their own items, but another's consignment store items. I'm guessing they do some kind of partnership with other shops to sell each other products to other markets. I bought a bag from their stories once and it actually came from another consignment store called sosoluxurys. You can usually tell it's not theirs by looking at the photos, the photo filter is different, photo style is different. The bag was still authentic, no issues, no issues with shipping, so I was still happy, but was for sure a bit surprised at first. Items posted on their ig page and website are all their own though :smile:

They also have multiple locations, Vancouver, Calgary and HongKong. Both of the bags I got came from HK (one from partnered consignment shop, the other from their actual HK location), and I had no issues with shipping. They shipped with fedex and DHL. Luxedujour told me if I got any customs to send them a screenshot and they would reimburse me. I had to pay about $45 the first time and they reimbursed me :smile: one of my items arrived in 2 days o.o the other arrive within the same week.

I got both items authenticated twice after receiving them by zeko and sabina and both came back authentic :smile:

Just wanted to add to my previous post in case this helps anyone in the future. I just sold a chanel bag through Luxedujour and had a good experience.

I filled in their consignment form on their website and got a reply via email in 2 days. They gave me a buyout quote and a consignment quote. Their consignment commission for my item was 15%, so the difference between the funds I would get from the buyout quote and consignment quote for me was only $140. I decided to go with buyout since it gave me peace of mind and I wasn't really losing anything with either quotes. I live in Ontario so dropping off the bag wasn't an option for me. I had to arrange my own shipping, and pay/insure it myself. After I got notification that the package was delivered I waited 5 business days for them to process (authenticate, take photos) and then I got an email from them saying my item was processed, approved, my buyout payment was ready and what email I wanted to provide for payment. Since I'm in Canada too I got an etransfer, but they also offer paypal. I also saw they posted my bag for sale that same day.

Overall I had no issues with the entire selling process :smile: I decided to go with Luxedujour because I bought from them before so I knew they were legit, it seemed like they had a larger audience and I've seen some of their stuff sell really quick, and they do buyouts. I have only ever sold to a smaller local consignment in Toronto (10% commission but had no buyout options and had to discount my item to get it sold) so I can't really compare much.

Not going to lie, shipping my bag to Alberta from Ontario made me super anxious! >_< shipping the item was another cost I had to factor too. If I was selling a less expensive item or something I knew would be low risk and quick+easy to sell, it might not been worth the shipping cost and consignment fee to sell through luxedujour, so in that case I would probably stick to a smaller local consignment shop. But for more expensive items, and/or items that tend to be more difficult to sell/ riskier to sell I would use luxedjuour again :smile:

Hope this helps anyone that is looking to sell them! :smile:

Reactions: layd3k
Hi @caocaoq , thank you for sharing your experience! This is so helpful. I'm currently in Vancouver and have been thinking of contacting Luxedujour for a buyout, but the shipping process sounds stressful.

Can I please ask which courier you used for shipment, and is insurance protection available should the item go missing? (I had a bad experience with Dyson last month because they never provided updated tracking and the delivery was never tracked / returned to Dyson as a result)

Also, do you feel that Luxedujour offered a fair price for your bag?

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Just wanted to add to my previous post in case this helps anyone in the future. I just sold a chanel bag through Luxedujour and had a good experience.

I filled in their consignment form on their website and got a reply via email in 2 days. They gave me a buyout quote and a consignment quote. Their consignment commission for my item was 15%, so the difference between the funds I would get from the buyout quote and consignment quote for me was only $140. I decided to go with buyout since it gave me peace of mind and I wasn't really losing anything with either quotes. I live in Ontario so dropping off the bag wasn't an option for me. I had to arrange my own shipping, and pay/insure it myself. After I got notification that the package was delivered I waited 5 business days for them to process (authenticate, take photos) and then I got an email from them saying my item was processed, approved, my buyout payment was ready and what email I wanted to provide for payment. Since I'm in Canada too I got an etransfer, but they also offer paypal. I also saw they posted my bag for sale that same day.

Overall I had no issues with the entire selling process :smile: I decided to go with Luxedujour because I bought from them before so I knew they were legit, it seemed like they had a larger audience and I've seen some of their stuff sell really quick, and they do buyouts. I have only ever sold to a smaller local consignment in Toronto (10% commission but had no buyout options and had to discount my item to get it sold) so I can't really compare much.

Not going to lie, shipping my bag to Alberta from Ontario made me super anxious! >_< shipping the item was another cost I had to factor too. If I was selling a less expensive item or something I knew would be low risk and quick+easy to sell, it might not been worth the shipping cost and consignment fee to sell through luxedujour, so in that case I would probably stick to a smaller local consignment shop. But for more expensive items, and/or items that tend to be more difficult to sell/ riskier to sell I would use luxedjuour again :smile:

Hope this helps anyone that is looking to sell them! :smile:

Hi @caocaoq , thank you for sharing your experience! This is so helpful. I'm currently in Vancouver and have been thinking of contacting Luxedujour for a buyout, but the shipping process sounds stressful.

Can I please ask which courier you used for shipment, and is insurance protection available should the item go missing? (I had a bad experience with Dyson last month because they never provided updated tracking and the delivery was never tracked / returned to Dyson as a result)

Also, do you feel that Luxedujour offered a fair price for your bag?

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
Hi @bklner2014 ! glad my post was helpful!

For shipping I used fedex, I also payed for insurance. I had no issues! Tracking was provided, I requested direct signature and was able to even see the actual signature when the package was signed for. I also ensured the package. For insuring I was able to declare the amount I wanted insured, and with that the price of shipping went up too. Since my bag arrived safe I don't have any experiences with claiming insurance. In total shipping from Toronto to Calgary with insurance (covering $5800) cost me >$200 CAD.

I think LDJ gave me a fair quote! my buyout offer was $5800CAD for a chanel mini rectangle, it had visible scuffs and creasing too. I was only going to get $140 more if chose to consign. For the ease of sale and not having to deal with any potential buyer scams I thought it was worth it :smile: but to each their own!

LDJ has a Vancouver location though, perhaps you can contact them and ask if you can do drop off in vancouver? that would save you the shipping and insurance costs!

Hi @caocaoq , thank you for responding, oh this is immensely helpful especially the details you've shared about shipping and insurance. This has been my key reason for not contacting LDJ so far, but your response is very assuring and I think I will reach out to them. I did not realize they have a Vancouver location? Will check the website again, because in-person drop-off is far preferred over shipping!

Coincidentally, I too am planning to sell my Chanel rectangle mini! I really like it but have hardly used it since purchasing, so think it's time to let it go...

Thank you once again, you have been so helpful.

Hi @bklner2014 ! glad my post was helpful!

For shipping I used fedex, I also payed for insurance. I had no issues! Tracking was provided, I requested direct signature and was able to even see the actual signature when the package was signed for. I also ensured the package. For insuring I was able to declare the amount I wanted insured, and with that the price of shipping went up too. Since my bag arrived safe I don't have any experiences with claiming insurance. In total shipping from Toronto to Calgary with insurance (covering $5800) cost me >$200 CAD.

I think LDJ gave me a fair quote! my buyout offer was $5800CAD for a chanel mini rectangle, it had visible scuffs and creasing too. I was only going to get $140 more if chose to consign. For the ease of sale and not having to deal with any potential buyer scams I thought it was worth it :smile: but to each their own!

LDJ has a Vancouver location though, perhaps you can contact them and ask if you can do drop off in vancouver? that would save you the shipping and insurance costs!

Reactions: caocaoq
Hi @caocaoq , thank you for responding, oh this is immensely helpful especially the details you've shared about shipping and insurance. This has been my key reason for not contacting LDJ so far, but your response is very assuring and I think I will reach out to them. I did not realize they have a Vancouver location? Will check the website again, because in-person drop-off is far preferred over shipping!

Coincidentally, I too am planning to sell my Chanel rectangle mini! I really like it but have hardly used it since purchasing, so think it's time to let it go...

Thank you once again, you have been so helpful.
@bklner2014 you're welcome! Yes, they have a Vancouver and HK location. I'm not sure the exact details on drop off at those locations since the website doesn't mention anything. It does mention to contact them for further options on drop off. I do see on their listings that they have items that are shipped from Vancouver and HK though, and when I bought from them I got my items from their HK location :smile:

Hope it all goes well! ❤️

@bklner2014 you're welcome! Yes, they have a Vancouver and HK location. I'm not sure the exact details on drop off at those locations since the website doesn't mention anything. It does mention to contact them for further options on drop off. I do see on their listings that they have items that are shipped from Vancouver and HK though, and when I bought from them I got my items from their HK location :smile:

Hope it all goes well! ❤
That's good to know, thanks! I'll try to follow up with an update when I reach out to them.

Luxedujour is a reputable designer reseller. However, I have never had pleasant experiences with them. I submitted a request for quote once for designer shoes I owned that were literally like new and that came with the full set, Luxedujour responded that they weren't giving me a quote for my item without explanation... Also, when I've inquired on several occasions about products (during business hours), with specific information not listed on their website, it took hours before getting a response from them. On one occasion, I was straight up asked if I wanted to proceed with a purchase, which I found to be "pushy", since I still had questions to ask. To sum up, I am not fond of their customer service. I feel that they portray a different image on their Instagram.