EXCLUSIVE: It's Jason Wu For Target! Feb 5th!

chantal1922

30 pounds down!
Jun 17, 2009
Michelle ***** put him on the map with that historical one-shoulder white gown, and now Jason Wu is partnering with retail giant Target on a limited-edition collection this spring. "My collection for Target embodies my signature aesthetic of feminine sophistication, with a mischievous nod to the 1960s," says Wu. "I've had an incredible experience partnering with Target and I am looking forward to bringing these affordable designs to women across the country." The news comes on the heels of a number of clues released by Target's Twitter throughout the day yesterday, including a sneak peek at fabric swatches and a sketch of the line's muse, Milu the cat — a likely companion to Miss Wu, the owl who is the logo for Wu's ready-to-wear collection.
Wu is following in the footsteps of heavy-hitters like Proenza Schouler, Thakoon and most recently, the Italian fashion house of Missoni. "Jason Wu has quickly established himself as one of the most influential designers of today," says Trish Adams, senior vice president of apparel and accessories for Target. A red carpet staple for the Hollywood style set, including Diane Kruger, Reese Witherspoon and Camilla Belle, Wu always delivers on the perfect party dress. And from the exclusive preview above, a chic LBD, in Wu's signature pretty, is going to be a sure thing.
The collection, which will include apparel, handbags (a first for these collaborations) and scarves, will range from $20-60, and be available starting February 5th at Target stores and target.com. And like Jason says in the exclusive video clip below, "Great designs always start with a sketch." Follow us on Twitter today at 2pm EST for a chance the autographed sketch above. Plus stay tuned for more Jason Wu for Target news.
http://www.harpersbazaar.com/bazaar-blog/jason-wu-for-target-exclusive-announcement-100311

Interesting that they are going back to Sunday release. I wonder why Missoni was on a Tuesday.

Anyway, can't wait to see the look books and I hope this one doesn't cause another fiasco!

Interesting that they are going back to Sunday release. I wonder why Missoni was on a Tuesday.

Anyway, can't wait to see the look books and I hope this one doesn't cause another fiasco!

I feel like Missoni was a Tuesday because they knew it would be insane and it would maybe be LESS insane on a weekday?

The Sunday before the Missoni release was 9/11, but I wondered by Target just didn't move forward or move back to another Sunday. I'm excited about Jason Wu!

So disenchanted with Missoni, I'm sitting this one out. Actually I really wasn't thrilled with Target's more tailored items--like the dresses and blazer that came out for Zac Posen, Alexander McQueen, or Gaultier.

im definitely excited about this, considering i wasnt able to get any missoni items as of yet. i hope that if target advertises this the way they did with missoni, that their servers can handle the crash!!

Yikes. I have a rule about not going to Target on the weekends because it's just so darn crazy. I can't imagine what a collab release on a Sunday looks like...

I hope it's a wearable collection. Zac Posen wasn't really - it was all cocktail dresses. And in my opinion, it wasn't made all that well. But I found the Proenza Schouler dresses both well made and very wearable...
Either way I'm not running to Target for it. If I happen to stumble across a piece I like while picking up my toilet paper I'll buy it.

First Look: The Jason Wu for Target Ad Campaign

With just about one month to go until Jason Wu's collaborative collection for Target hits shelves on Febuary 5, Wu fever has officially spread.

Earlier today, T Magazine ran exclusive images of two of the line's cutest pieces—a $40 navy minidress and a $50 canvas carryall. Then, our pals at Glamour got hold of a photo of a printed, collared dress and boxy patterned handbag from Wu's capsule, both of which clock in at $40 as well. Wallets, rejoice!

Now, a third look from the Jason Wu for Target lineup, as pictured in the collaboration's new print campaign. This pleated frock splashed with sherbet-colored stripes is part Twiggy, part coffee-sipping Godard heroine. Simply put: we want it. And a month seems like far too long to wait.

cnimagesizejwufortarget.jpg

cnimage0sizejwufortarge.jpg

Source: http://www.luckymag.com/blogs/luckyrightnow/2012/01/first-look-the-jason-wu-for-target-ad-campaign
I can't say I am too impressed. The navy blue dress is cute.