Ever gotten a fake bag on ebay?

I got a fake Chanel Cambon wallet in the beginning because I didn't know any better. After I found the eBay messge boards and TPF I have done research and everything is authentic. Since I bought the Chanel a while ago and couldn't ask for a refund I just threw it away and bought an authentic Chloe wallet from a reputable seller on eBay.

I got a fake Gucci bag, although the woman at NM who authenticated it had such a nasty attitude, I'm not sure I actually believe her. And the seller seemed so honest, even if the bag were fake, I think she may not have known. Either way, I found out way too late to try and get my $ back, and it wasn't that much money, so not too big of a loss.

yes i did. i got a fake miu miu "coffer" bag...
funnily enough i saw a very similar one in a website that sells what they call "inspired by" bags which looks exactly like mine...except it didn't claim to be miu miu.
it isn't a bad bag but i know it is a fake, a good fake but a fake nonetheless...

in the days before tpf was developed i bought a fake gucci and fake MJ... I didn't know any better back then. Thank goodness tpf came along, now I know how to avoid those fakes!

I purchased a Fake Fendi spy bag that the seller was saying was authentic. I had to fight with her to get my money back and I had to tell her that I work for Fendi (which I do, but I was new @ the time and didn't know the difference from fake and real) for her to give me back my money. She ended up leaving me bad feedback and then switched her user id. People like this suck!!!

Yes, I got a fake Mulberry--the one with the drawstring top. I sort of suspected when it came, but it looked pretty good, and the leather was decent. Then, the braided drawstring started coming undone, so I did some research and sure enough: fake. The seller was long gone.

Hey, I'm new to tPF: is there a special place where you can post for people to authenticate bags in general (other than the threads for specific brands)?

Also, I'm pretty good at Botkier (I have three), so if you post pictures I could probably help.

Came very close to buying a fake and was alerted on eBay by someone who was my guardian angel for the day letting me know that the LV Speedy 25 I wanted & bid on was counterfeit. I don't remember who she was but she was responsible in part for me reporting fakes on eBay and basking in the joy of seeing scammers booted. That was two years ago.

My first ever designer handbag purchase through eBay (3 years ago now, I think) was a fake LV ellipse moyen (Uma Thurman was the cover girl for these bags in their ad campaign, and I was HOOKED). I was CLUELESS as to LV, and hadn't starting selling handbags myself, so I didn't know what to look for, or what research to do. The price, the lack of good photos, the inability to contact the seller ALL should have been red flags, but sadly, I was scammed. The minute I opened the box, I knew it was fake (even as an LV novice!) It REEKED of plastic, with the lamest orange handles you'd ever see. In short, it was a BIG motivation for starting my own eBay business. The disappointment at wanting something so bad, spending so much $$ on it, and realizing you'd been duped was quite painful. The worst part? I didn't neg. feedback the idiot, b/c I was convinced I'd get neg. in return! Shoulda learned my lesson!!

I purchased a Fake Fendi spy bag that the seller was saying was authentic.

I had the same happen to me, I don't work for Fendi and never got my money back. This seller, said she was a personal shopper, had her own page on Ebay with what was supposed to be her picture and referenced an article from Paula Zahn on CNN about counterfeit items and the negative effects they have including child labor and the mafia. I believe what Paula Zahn said, but couldn't believe that someone would be that over the top to say their items where real. Total loss $700 plus shipping.
I have learned a lot since then about authenticity on this forum as well.