Evening BBags

your favourite *night on the town* bag?

• First

• Twiggy

• City

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
The first seems to be first choice, although the city is not far behind. I'm surprised the twiggy isn't polling better -- too large perhaps?

To all first owners, can you fit a light sweater into the first as well as, you know, wallet, phone, tissues, camera (perhaps), a bit of make-up ... ??

you def. can.. it's not that small, it's perfect if you don't put too much in (ex. water bottle.. magazine, you know the usual day time items).. but for a night out, it's peferct!:tup:

I tend to use my Firsts for evenings, but they are quite small. My second choice would be the Twiggy for its unusual shape, comfortable fit on the shoulder and roomy interior.

And I love my black First, but if you're only going to have one, I would choose something more unique like Anthracite, Ink or one of the reds... Firsts look amazing in bright colours, so if your going-out clothes are black, white or neutral you could go crazy!

I chose other and fully agree with F&G, it's the Makeup or Shoulder! I just want my wallet, keys, phone and a lipgloss! I don't need/ use a sweater, so I don't think this would work for you!

I wish you well,

Bridget

I tend to use my Firsts for evenings, but they are quite small. My second choice would be the Twiggy for its unusual shape, comfortable fit on the shoulder and roomy interior.

And I love my black First, but if you're only going to have one, I would choose something more unique like Anthracite, Ink or one of the reds... Firsts look amazing in bright colours, so if your going-out clothes are black, white or neutral you could go crazy!

I know what you're saying but I must say that I love the idea of a black first because it's so classic and versatile. And I don't have a black city.

I like the look of the twiggy too and am a bit torn between a twiggy and a first. Just in terms of size and what it can fit. But then I do own 2 cities now, I guess they can fill in when I need to pack a little more than essentials.

My (few and far between) nights out are usually quite sedate, just that stage of life I am in (3 young kids and all that). I think I'll go for a black first and if I really love it start saving up for another colour ... I don't go out enough to justify having lots of evening bags. I'd love a clutch too but probably couldn't justify getting one, just because of lack of occasion. I do have one other small clutch that I drag out when the need arises (but I don't love it).

^why not get a twiggy and save up for the flat clutch? ;) i'm not good with longish bags else i'd have gotten one long ago. the reason i held up buying the first is largely the price for its size. pay a hundred bucks more and i get so much more space in the twiggy! haha!

^why not get a twiggy and save up for the flat clutch? ;) i'm not good with longish bags else i'd have gotten one long ago. the reason i held up buying the first is largely the price for its size. pay a hundred bucks more and i get so much more space in the twiggy! haha!

Something to consider. I might just not get enough use out of a flat clutch to justify it. My decision is really about my ideal going out bag, is it a first or a twiggy? Or perhaps even a city? Generally I like biggish bags but I sure love the look of the first as an evening bag or small purse.

Decisions. Do you have a picture of a flat clutch?

hey drati, i was about to post in your green day thread. RDC has an origan twiggy on sale!

http://www.shop.realdealcollection.com/product.sc?categoryId=12&productId=76

back to the thread title proper, personally i like variety so i won't get another city. i understand you'd like a black in a classic style, but a black first or black city could wait. jmho.

i don't have a pic of the flat clutch. you can search for pluiee's and tooshies' ;) iirc pluiee did a comparison pic. i much prefer the flat clutch to the envelope clutch and it's actually quite big.

hey drati, i was about to post in your green day thread. RDC has an origan twiggy on sale!

http://www.shop.realdealcollection.com/product.sc?categoryId=12&productId=76

back to the thread title proper, personally i like variety so i won't get another city. i understand you'd like a black in a classic style, but a black first or black city could wait. jmho.

i don't have a pic of the flat clutch. you can search for pluiee's and tooshies' ;) iirc pluiee did a comparison pic. i much prefer the flat clutch to the envelope clutch and it's actually quite big.

I'll have a look. Doesn't that twiggy look gorgeous?

I know what you mean about not rushing a black purchase. It's true, but I also don't intend to keep buying bags forever (who am I kidding here?) and I'd like to collect the ones that I love and have use for. So for an evening bag, I think it will be black for me, for ease of use and versatility. If I want to use another colour at night, I can always grab a city.

I think a first would add nicely to my little collection but I do also like the idea of a twiggy and the extra room she offers. However, in some situation she'll be too big and in the way, the first is probably a more ideal going out size.

LOL, yes, I can totally relate to that reasoning.

I would say First if you know you're not going to carry much. I like the idea of a smaller bag when I go out at night - the less I bring then, the better for me!
If I knew I had to bring more things ie cardigan, scarf etc, I would use my Twiggy. I love the style and how it holds more than a First, but doesn't look as big as a City height-wise, yet is deceptively roomy.

Color wise I prefer the brighter shades or whatever suits my outfit.

I vote for the first, in any color dependingon the clothes...a black first is always perfect.
I also like my vert gazon shoulder, when I wear a black outfit.