ENGAGEMENT RINGS! What does yours look like?

Hello folks! My rings aren't as big as y'alls are but, the set is more than 100 years old according to my jeweler and I am in love with them. I searched far and wide, high and low and at all price points before settling on the one that is (to me) the perfect wedding set. It has undergone an antique restoration by my jeweler and I recently decided to have them soldered together. I used to weigh 247 lbs but now at 156lbs and losing, I find that my rings now spin around my fingers so it will be better if I have them permanently attached. Here's a picture:
1920 antique wedding set .jpeg
I'm thrilled to have found this forum by the way and have found it a delightful indulgence to oggle the gorgeous rings in this thread!!!

Hello folks! My rings aren't as big as y'alls are but, the set is more than 100 years old according to my jeweler and I am in love with them. I searched far and wide, high and low and at all price points before settling on the one that is (to me) the perfect wedding set. It has undergone an antique restoration by my jeweler and I recently decided to have them soldered together. I used to weigh 247 lbs but now at 156lbs and losing, I find that my rings now spin around my fingers so it will be better if I have them permanently attached. Here's a picture:
View attachment 5954451
I'm thrilled to have found this forum by the way and have found it a delightful indulgence to oggle the gorgeous rings in this thread!!!
Beautiful set! Congratulations on your weight loss!

View attachment 5954451
Gorgeous! Congratulations on your weight loss. That is really amazing!

Upgraded my diamond from a .60 G, SI to a 1.10 D, VS in the original setting. I am not a bling person when it comes to jewelry, but I gotta say I love it! I wanted a 3/4- 1 ct originally but let my husband choose. Never told him I was a little disappointed because it is a pretty ring and he was so proud to have picked it out himself. This new stone is as big as I could ever want for the size of my hands, so no more upgrades for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 189
View attachment 5954451
I love vintage rings! Yours is gorgeous!

Upgraded my diamond from a .60 G, SI to a 1.10 D, VS in the original setting. I am not a bling person when it comes to jewelry, but I gotta say I love it! I wanted a 3/4- 1 ct originally but let my husband choose. Never told him I was a little disappointed because it is a pretty ring and he was so proud to have picked it out himself. This new stone is as big as I could ever want for the size of my hands, so no more upgrades for me.
Your husband did a beautiful job! It’s perfect!!!

Finally found the right spacer to prevent my e-ring from being eaten by my band ring. Both rings have suffered quite a bit from the permanent contact. Now they are all freshly refurbished and should have a long life ahead of them.

View attachment 5934932
OMG this middle ring is amazing!!!!!!! I have two rings and one is eating the other ring....I could've seen this earlier...but yeah, your rings are pretty!

Did I read correctly- 4.2 cts?!
Incredible and happy 20th anniversary! Wishing you many more happy years together!
Yes, you read correctly! It is 4.2 carats! And thank you!

We custom cut it with Whiteflash because they didn’t have anything in inventory in the size we were looking for. We agreed on rough that was predicted to yield 4 carats, I, VS1. And we ended up with an insanely lucky result. The stone is heavier at 4.2 and a clearer at VVS2. It was a great experience.