Engagement Rings- What does yours look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was given my husband's mother's wedding ring set. It's been passed down to all the sons for 8 generation's. We never had a son so I guess it's going to have to be passed to one of our daughters. You can see pictures of it on my finger in alot of the pictures in my showcase

Here is my final ring; my husband upgraded my ring on our 8th wedding anniversery. It is a princess cut stone with small stones on the side. My original engagement (round solitaire) was made into a necklace for my 10th anniversery.

Attachments

• ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 9,017
Japster - that sapphire ring is gorgeous!

Edsbgrl - love the one you posted. That is my dream ring - but instead of the diamond baguettes - sapphire baguettes. Kinda like this:

I am not engaged yet but I already know the ring I am getting. My parents will give it to my boyfriend when he is ready to propose. It is a gorgeous antique ring that belonged to my grandmother. it is close to 2 ct.. not sure the exact weight. a round diamond set on a platinum band.

carrie13 said:
Japster - that sapphire ring is gorgeous!

Edsbgrl - love the one you posted. That is my dream ring - but instead of the diamond baguettes - sapphire baguettes. Kinda like this:

Thats gorgeous!!! I adore sapphires.:shame:

Eire said:
Does anyone have experience with buying antique rings? or having replicas made?
If I explain to a jewelry maker what I want, will it come out the way I envision it??

my rings are antique. for some reason i really don't care for most modern settings on my hand. besides i kept seeing the same rings on everyone i know, so i wanted to be different. i found my wedding band at an antique store. it's a small thin bead set eternity band...it was exactly what i wanted. most antique stores i've been into have a jewelry section...most of it is not good, but sometimes you get lucky.

i got my engagment ring at a jewelry store that specializes in estate pieces. it is my favorite jewelry store EVER. :smile: most major cities have a few similar jewelry stores. it's an emerald cut solitaire. i still love it as much as the first day i found it, but rarely wear it. :\ it scratches me.

I received a 1.96ct Asscher diamond that I had reset into a micropave band, but I'm finally getting the ring that I want--a 4ct unheated pink sapphire Asscher flanked by fancy light pink diamond baguettes. The finished product will look similar to this ring.

Attachments

• p1010090a.jpg
    p1010090a.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 5,002
Asscher cuts... Umm, nice. I have a 2 ct. round cut solitare custom set into a wide gold ribbed band. I love it. Got it as a 25th ann. gift. I set my original 1/3 ct. diamond into a necklace, along with the OTHER gift I got for my 25th- a 2/3 ct. diamond. Love them all.....No matter what you chose you won't go wrong. I loved my original set-my engagement and wedding bands matched. They were small, but it was where we were when we first stared out. Best of luck to you in the future...

My wedding band is an antique. I found it inone of the stores on 47th street of Fifth Avenue in the "diamond" center of Manhatten many years ago. It has brilliant diamonds all the way around, in a beautiful fishtail platinum setting. It fit my size 4 1/2 finger perfectly just as it was and it was like Kismet. I was going to have one made, but this was just perfect. I am always getting compliments on it.

For antiques -- for any diamond ring, really, the selection on 47th Street is hard to beat.
My husband surprised me with an engagement ring on the day we got married. It too is simple -- a single oval-cut 1.2 carat diamond in a platinum classic 6-prong setting. I had thought I wanted an emerald cut, but when I saw this I loved it and love it more and more as the years pass --

Mine is a one and a half carat emerald cut sapphire with an emerald cut diamond on either side in white gold. I have a band with channel set diamonds that is slightly curved so that the engagement ring fits snugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.