EMBOSSING THE MUSE?? Yes or NO!?

Emboss the Muse?

• Yes - it would make it personal

• No - it would ruin it

Results are only viewable after voting.
My camera is out of service at the moment, so I can't get any good close ups of my embossed oversized black Muse. If you look closely at it in the attached photos, you can see the embossing. It really is very subtle.

edith muse 2.jpg

edith muse 1.jpg

^^Thanks for posting photo's. I can see the embossing on the black Muse and I think it looks great - I only wish NM embossing was a subtle as yours.
Wow what a YSL collection!!! Can I ask which of your beautiful bags is/was your favorite?

beauxgoris said:
^^Thanks for posting photo's. I can see the embossing on the black Muse and I think it looks great - I only wish NM embossing was a subtle as yours.
Wow what a YSL collection!!! Can I ask which of your beautiful bags is/was your favorite?

You're welcome. Thanks for the compliments. It's hard to pick a favorite YSL; I love them all. I have two additional Muse bags that are not in the photograph. My large chocolate brown is off being embossed, and I also have a medium white. I really love the black oversized. The large metallic is amazing too though. And I LOVE the oversized Yse, but sadly I'm in the process of trying to sell her. I love the suede detailing on this bag, and I think the "Y" formation and the placement of the lock on the side of the bag are both very elegant. I also like the fact that you are not likely to see many other people carrying this bag. The Yse also comes with a detachable strap, which I never used, but now I wish I had. Every time I look at the Yse I start having regrets about trying to sell her. I have a gazillion chocolate brown bags and I had to force myself to let one of them go.

^^I assume your having it embossed at YSL? Are they hosting an "embossing day" again?

angstofgumby~ would you say that the chocolate color of your YSE bag matches the chocolate of your Muse - or are they different.

(sorry so many questions!)

angstofgumby said:
My camera is out of service at the moment, so I can't get any good close ups of my embossed oversized black Muse. If you look closely at it in the attached photos, you can see the embossing. It really is very subtle.

View attachment 17595

View attachment 17594

Your collection is incredible! I love the oversized Muse and the embossing looks great, but I agree that the NM doesn't look as subtle.

So I received an un-embossed Muse (just to see how I feel) - I'm falling in love with the bag - but i'm still deciding on the monogram. I'd love to see photo's of anyone that has a Muse that's been embossed by NM!!!

I still can't decide if I should exchange my un-embossed Muse for a embossed Chocolate Muse?
I don't want to return it as i've fallen so deeply in love with my Chocolate baby!