Embarrassment at LV?

Have you ever been embarrassed at LV?

• Yes

• No, but I've been embarrassed for others (SA's, other customers, etc.)

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.
One time, long time ago, it was when my friends and I were still in high school we decided to go into LV in Copley Place. My friend had a drink with her, and she just went right in and got half way into the store until finally the security guard noticed. He chased her down and made a big fuss about leaving the drinks on the table near the entrance. My friend went up to the table put her drink there, walked around for a good minute and dashed out, leaving the drink behind. She was soo mortified, and she doesn't like going in there anymore. Now she's more of a Gucci fan than LV.

Another time I was on the phone with an associate and they thought I was so stupid because I was inquiring about, "pochette accessories" (that's how I said it) and then he said it all fancy.. "oh you mean the pochette accesssssoiiiresss" and I mumbled, "yea". And I also said DAMIER wrong too. I felt like such a goof.

I'm afaid so. It's almost too embarrassing to tell. :nuts: Hubby & I had driven 2 hours to a mall in Dallas to pick up daughter. After that long drive, damn if I wasn't going in for 15 min. lol. Anyway, I stopped at the LV counter in NM & took out my mono belt to leave for repair. I tried on the clear inclusion bracelet, looked at a few other things, & hurriedly left to go to Mac. Then I hear Kaaathy!!!!!!!!!! I turn around & it's my SA saying that I still had on the bracelet. I was so mortified. I was halfway through NM at that point. Damn. :shame:

i was in bermuda with my mom and we went in to lv. she bought my my first brand new bag and wallet and i got a cles. we paid seperately and after went in to a few more stores- she got me a gucci watch too. as we were about to get a cab to go back to the hotel the SA from the LV store caming running out. my mom's cc is not really a cc but attached to a bank account and she hadn't told her accountant that she was going away so the card was declined. the SA had apparently gone to a few stores looking for us. it was fine, my mom repaid and that was that but omg i was so embarassed.

and hey, i could have had some free lv. lol. actually they knew our hotel so they would have found us eventually.

Have you ever embarrassed at LV (by anyone, yourself included :rolleyes: )? My most mortifying experience was last November with my mom:

M: I really like those new leopard bags you have out
SA:Oh, we don't have one at this store but we can have one transferred if you'd like.
M: For four grand? ha, at that price I'll just get a FAKE.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: oh, and how she thought it was hilarious :cursing:

Has anything like this happened to you?

i saw the WORST fake lepoard bag ever at the staples center. This lady was in the stands, and it had TIGER on it instead of lepoard.

in lv, there was this woman carring a blatantly fake mc pochette.
i didnt see what happened to her, but the SAs were giving her dirty looks.

well not really, but the first time I went I didn't know how to pronounce "Damier" (I sounded it like its spelled). Well I asked for a Damier Key Holder and the SA looks at me like she doesn't know what I'm talking about. I showed her the patern and sehe says "Oh... you mean Dah-mee-a" and says it really slow like I'm stupid!!! I DIDNT KNOW!!! :cursing:

The same thing happened to my DH when he bought me my Speedy.
He asked for the "daym-yer"
SA :"You mean the Dah-mee-a?"
DH (doesn't care a wit): "Yes, that please. The brown one that looks like a checkerboard.":rolleyes:

When I got my first LV, but debit card didn't work so I ended up paying with cash, my credit card, my aunt's credit card, and my uncle's credit card! :cursing:

I'm sure it looked like I couldn't pay for my bag!

My story is almost like this one. I was on a business trip and went into the LV in Las Vegas and proceeded to the counter to buy my bag...yes, it was my first LV--my wonderful Viva Cite MM! I pulled out my credit card and handed it over...well, the SA asked for my ID and my maiden name was still on my credit card so it didn't match my drivers license. That was all I was travelling with...oh, that's right I had my company American Express. Well, after they wouldn't take my credit card, I decided just to pay my company back for my personal purchase! My coworkers love to tease me about my shopping!

I think we should start a new thread called Pronunciation Guide! just so we don't embarrass ourselves when asking for something. I speak a little bit of French so I like to think I can pronounce everything correctly, but you never know!

I think someone might have started a thread like that already. It would be helpful!

My son was getting car sick the entire way to LV in Cinci. When we got out of the car and I put him in his stroller, he looked a little green. He vomited right in the middle of the boutique. I was so embarrassed and kept apologizing. I was ripping wipes out to clean up the floor. Even the Chanel associate ran over to help clean it up. Luckily the associates thought it was funny and Markie got some LV stickers to go home with.

Another time I took a friend of mine to the Coach outlet to look for stuff to resell or to keep. I forgot to mention to not say anything about selling. About 5 minutes of being in there, my friend yells, "Hey Allison, what could you sell this for?" I grabbed her by the arm and we left so fast the greeter didn't have time to tell us bye.

Have you ever embarrassed at LV (by anyone, yourself included :rolleyes: )? My most mortifying experience was last November with my mom:

M: I really like those new leopard bags you have out
SA:Oh, we don't have one at this store but we can have one transferred if you'd like.
M: For four grand? ha, at that price I'll just get a FAKE.

It is hard for me to take parents with me shopping. I guess a different generation. They just can't get over todays prices on handbags/clothes. Even though my Dad has money, he wears a fake Rolex. And it cracks me up he takes it in for repairs. :smile:I always ask - what is the point of wearing something fake? I mean, the whole idea is to have the original. To me, if you can't afford it, wear an "original" of a lesser brand. The whole idea of buying the luxury item is enjoying everything about that luxury item.

Once I couldn't decide between a speedy 25 or 30. I literally bought and exchanged one for the other 4 times. Can you imagine the fourth time...me coming in that store with the big brown LV bag? (And the thought on my SAs mind?!...this girl is crazy!) I don't know how I had the nerve...I couldn't do that now. lol

I am cracking up at this whole thread . . . and you cracked me up with this experience . . . :smile:

well not really, but the first time I went I didn't know how to pronounce "Damier" (I sounded it like its spelled). Well I asked for a Damier Key Holder and the SA looks at me like she doesn't know what I'm talking about. I showed her the patern and sehe says "Oh... you mean Dah-mee-a" and says it really slow like I'm stupid!!! I DIDNT KNOW!!! :cursing:

That was rude of the SA!!! I'm sure lots of people pronounce Damier wrong unless they've taken French in high school..... (I took Spanish, so I'm sure that I pronounced Damier wrong the first time as well....).

Remember, the SAs probably didn't know how to pronounce the names of the various LV purses until they started working at LV! That SA should have known when you mispronounced Damier that you were referring to it anyways, so IMO, the SA was just being a snot!!! Don't worry about it!!!

By the way, there is a posting on tPF that refererences how to pronounce all of the French names of LV. Do a search and you'll find it.... :yes:

While I lived in London my friend Anna came to visit and one day we were out shopping, and I had to stop by LV to pick up a couple of items I had gotten hot stamped.
Here's pretty much what happened as the SA came out with my stuff:
SA: "Here is your agenda and wallet miss, I hope you are satisfied."
Me: "It looks really good..."
Anna: (Cutting me off) "Wow, that's neat, I didn't know you could have that done. How much is it?"
SA: "It's free of charge."
Anna: (all excited) "Cool, how long does it take? I just got a Louis Vuitton wallet and I'd love to have it stamped."
SA: "Miss, you're lucky. The man that does the heatstamping is here today, and you can have it done right now. It won't take long."
Anna started digging in her purse...and pulled up the fakest Cherry Blossom wallet I've ever seen... My jaw dropped and my heart skipped a beat, and I started blushing from head to toe.
SA: "Miss, we only heatstamp authentic Louis Vuitton items."
Anna: "Sir, I got this as a gift from my boyfriend and I assure you, he would not buy fakes."
SA: (now somewhat annoyed) "Well, he obviously does, because your wallet is not authentic."
I was sooooooo ready to leave at this point, and I grabbed the wallet out of Annas hand, threw it in her purse, grabbed the boxes with my wallet and agenda, stuffed them into my Boots shopping bag, and turned to the SA to say goodbye.
Me: "So sorry about that sir. I'm so satisfied with the stamps on my stuff. Have a nice day."
SA: "Thank you miss. Goodbye."

I'm sure I've pronounced names wrong before but the SAs have never tried to correct me, they knew what bag I was talking about and just got it for me.

When I was trying on the Bastia Thong Sandals, I was wearing some boots... so I take them off, AND I HAVE A HOLE IN MY SOCK!!! The SA was watching me the whole time, and then played it off by acting like she was looking at the other shoes on display. :Push:

I'm sure there will be many more embarrassing moments. :crybaby:

That's cute!!! I'm sure you weren't the first person to have a whole in your sock! At least the SA was polite and looked the other way!!! You should see my DH's socks!! LOL!