DUSTBAG question - getting replacement dust bag.

You can always check out ebay. I know I have seen a couple of the dust covers being sold occasionally. Good luck!

this is why you can't get (extra) dust bags! for god sakes it only a piece of fabric with a label on it that you use when not using the bag so nobody is going to see it but you, just use a bloody pillow case or something!

Try calling the Chanel 1-800#. Or ask your SA (maybe one you've worked with before) the next time you're shopping & (s)he will give you one ---they don't sell dustbags. Of course, if you purchase a new bag, you can always ask for an extra one. As others have said, you might be able to find one on e*bay before the auction is pulled (because selling these is not allowed).

this is why you can't get (extra) dust bags! for god sakes it only a piece of fabric with a label on it that you use when not using the bag so nobody is going to see it but you, just use a bloody pillow case or something!

:confused1: Excuse me, are we having a bad temper? No need to fly off the handle when someone asks a simple question.

i purchased a vintage flap last year and i'm still hunting a dust bag for it.
i did go into my local saks (since i've purchased other chanels there before) and my SA told me they are hard to come by these days. (i also asked for a chanel box. i'm anal like that! lol) but to no avail. he did say to check back with him, but i forgot...thanks for the reminder. :smile:

Just wondering if I could get a replacement dust bag if I call the 800 Chanel #. I got a Chanel as a gift a while back, but it came without a dust bag...and, erm, it's bothering me! Haha. I really want the dust bag and the original box. Would they be willing to sell them to me? Thank you!

I am also looking for a dust bag for a vintage I got recently on ebay ... currently I am just using a pillow case to hold the bag, and that pillow case just sticks out like a sore thumb on my closet LOL!!!

:confused1: Excuse me, are we having a bad temper? No need to fly off the handle when someone asks a simple question.
I agree. Besides, it's nice having the official Chanel dustbag. When you pay that much for a bag, why not have the dustbag to match? It's not quite the same effect putting a 3k Chanel bag in a old pillowcase.

Anyhow, like others have said, try going to another boutique or department store. I have, like others, definitely seem the on eBay as well.

I didn't know any better when I bought my first Chanel in LA without the dustbag. I didn't know it needed one until a few years later when I joined tPF. When I bought my flap I explained this to the SA and he was happy to put one aside for me. When I went to pick up the flap the deputy manager was really annoyed the SA had put aside several dustbags for me. I then had to explain the situation to her and she grudgingly agreed to give me one.

I suppose the moral of the story is boutiques will give you a dustbag if you're already purchasing something. Be persistent as they may have some lurking around but can't be bothered to search.

Doea anyone know why SA's sell bags without the dustcover? I mean, it's not like something you would forget when your wrap it up. Maybe they get to take extra dustbags home....

Anyways, I'm sure you can get the dustbag off *bay or remember to ask for one next time you purchase another Chanel. By the way, are there fake Chanel dustbags too? argh - another authentication process....