Dolling up?

Kristie -- good luck! I will be thinking about you! Your baby will be the best news of all!!!

I didn't think twice about getting an epidural when I had my son. :yes: Why go through pain when you don't need to?

Best of luck, Kristie!!! - If you're still there. We'll all be waiting here for the news when you get back. :flowers: It will only be a few days but I'm sure someone here will buy another delicious bag by then (shopmom?)!

nathansgirl1908 said:
I don't consider wearing a Chanel suit to be an example of poor taste and wearing too much designer gear at one time. Its not like there are logos all over Chanel suits. Chanel suits are very classy and understated in my opinion. Now wearing a LV outfit on the other hand is my idea of bad taste.

At any rate, I generally mix and mach high-end items with much less expensive things and I try to keep logos to a minimum. I think a well dressed person does exude style and confidence and there's not an ounce of tackiness. I think it also means that clothes are properly tailored, no holes or anything like that.
Yes, there are no logos all over Chanel suits but there's no creativeness in style. Everyone can just buy something from Chanel and wear the tweed jacket with the tweed skirt, but it doesn't get the nods from fashion insiders. I own several Chanel tweed jackets, dresses, tops and jeans. But I don't wear them from head-to-toe. If I wear a Chanel dress, I just wear the dress alone but my shoes won't be from Chanel. If I put on a Chanel silk top, I match it with white jeans from other brands.

I like to mix street with high-end. I'm a great fan of all the street designers like Maharishi, BAPE, Levis etc.

Btw, I don't wear Chanel all the time. I'm not a fan of logos too but I like subtle-tale signatures of brands. I own some LV dresses too but I don't wear LV from head-to-toe.

*The person must wear the clothes but not the opposite.* :cool:

tokyogirl said:
Wow-- everybody has such beautiful pieces! My clothes are so pedestrian compared to everybody's. I have just forayed into the high end designer stuff -- I bought my first Chanel piece (ever), of course, in black! But I have a feeling that there will be no turning back from me from this point!
You will love your 1st Chanel piece for the rest of your life!! :amuse: May I know what did you buy? :smile:

Kristie.F said:
Well, almost 5am here, and I see the Doc this morning, so I'm kinda waiting it out........:huh:

If you don't hear from me for awhile, you know whats happened!:amazed:
You go girl!!! I'll be thinking of you today and wish you all the BEST to you and your little baby "Kelly"!!!LOL;) :heart:

rochasgirl said:
You will love your 1st Chanel piece for the rest of your life!! :amuse: May I know what did you buy? :smile:

A black dress, but that would be basically the store! It's part of the Paris -- New York collection (photo #31, I believe). Of course, it looks so much more FABULOUS on the model.

http://www.chanel.com/fashion/en-as/index.php?fullscreen=1&goto=&x=-4&y=-4&width=1032&height=733

This was the first time I have forayed into the Chanel store (i.e., meaning that I was close enough to look at price tags). There is a silvery, tweed Chanel one piece dress that is TDF (I think it was around $5,000!) :love:

Good luck Kristie!!!

Okay, now it's my turn ... I've been very busy lately.

For me, style is something very special to a person. You do not have to dress up in brand-name clothes to have style. Each person also has a different sense of style. Now, what I think are basics of style though are clean nails, clean clothes (no food stains or anything), well-groomed hair and no body odor LOL!

Personally, I like to mix and match. I also love wearing jeans, skirts, and dresses. I mix my designer clothes, mostly from MiuMiu, Prada, Bluemarine, Gucci, MaxMara, Burberry, and a couple of Hermès clothes and local designers from other countries with Zara, Mango, H&M, Massimo Dutti and Benetton.

Then, I pair them with whichever shoe fits (I have about 100 pairs) and put my accessories which can be shawl, scarves, some necklaces from precious-stone strands that I make or other authentic jewelry.

And, of course, I try to coordinate most with the color of my Hermès handbags ... if that doesn't work, then my other designer handbags.

rochasgirl said:
That is so fabulous, tokyogirl!!! You will love it very much! Gotta check out the silvery tweed dress that you're talking about.

Thanks! Chanel's stuff is out of the world!! But for that amount of money, I think I would prefer to apply it to the purchase of a bag (not necessarily Chanel bag). :lol: