Dogleash closure....love it or hate it????

That dog leash has prevented me from buying certain bags but I did by the large Ergo leather tote because it's such a soft leather that is completely relaxes against my body. The way the handles are constructed also make me feel it is harder for someone to reach into the bag. BTW I always keep a pretty scarf inside a tote so that I can lay it on top of all my stuff, making it less visible.

The only bag that I have with it is my sig stripe tote, and I never use it. I'm not too worried about someone reaching into it because I either carry it on my arm in front of me or on my shoulder where it's not much room to get in....someone would have to be really close and I would like to think that I would notice someone that close to me.

meh I don't hate the dogleash closure, especially with totes, i some times just leave them open anyway, but i like mag. snaps best, and zippers, personally i don't like the break off zippers-like on the scribble totes- why don't they just make it the whole way, although i know it's easier to get inside it, but it irritates me!lol besides that, the first time i ever came in counter with one, i thought i had broken it!

I like how they look, but I am more practical. My fav ones are ones with a flap closure or a zipper. I keep lots of little stuff in my bag, and I don't want it flying out nor do I want to worry about getting pickpocketed

I love the dogleash closure and agree it's really classy and elegant. Not a fan of the totes that only have that partial zipper across the top...if more had a full zipper I'd have a lot more COACH!

For me, it just depends on the bag that it's on. I like my shoulder tote since I can get into it quickly but I can also do up the closure to sort of pull the sides together if I have it stuffed with a sweater or whatever. The nice thing about the shoulder tote is that it's slouchy so that the sides collapse in enough that it's pretty secure when it's tucked under my arm and so I don't bother doing up the closure if it's not full.

On the other hand, I didn't like the dogleash closures on the patent gallery totes last fall, or on the reversible stripe totes. They seemed pretty useless on such open (stripe tote) or shallow (gallery tote) bags. Plus the one on the reversible stripe tote was placed directly in front of the zippered pocket so that it couldn't be undone without the clasp getting in the way of the zipper. Total pain in the butt (I returned mine because I thought it was so annoying!).

Of all the bags I have, though, I love zipper on the Carly. It's tucked down a bit so that I can leave it undone and not scratch myself on it, but I can do it up if I want the bag to be more secure.

I like the way they look as well. But regardless of that fact, if a bag has a dogleash closure - it is too hard for me to get in and out of quickly and easily, so I won't buy it! :tdown:

I've always liked them and appreciate they are there. Especially on a large tote. Even with the clasp "engaged" I can still get things out of my bags. In this instance of large totes I could not imagine zippering a stuffed one.

I must be the only one that doesn't even notice! I never even close my bags- I'm sure that makes me a total theif target. I do zip my Legacy shoulder bag but that's it! My Legacy satchel stays open and I can't think of any of my bags that I close.
That's totally me too...I love totes and never have mine zipped. I like being able to just reach in and grab what I need...I guess that's my "grew up in the South" mentality.