Does this ever happen to you?

I agree that "nunya" is a good response, but if you want to be polite then a non-commital "not much for an investment piece" or "an arm & a leg" are sufficient. People who are rude enough to ask how much something cost when they just want to "score points" re: their perceived frugality vs yours won't take subtle hints anyway. They are probably the same people who think it is ok to touch the stomachs of pregnant women and make comments re: how many children someone has.:yucky:

It's so interesting that people get kicks out of asking a rude question and then offering their "omg you paid how much?" judgement. My latest response is "a reasonable price for the quality." My closest friends know how much I spend on a bag and while they think I'm crazy they don't judge.

I, too, get the same questions. My Aunt tells me I am crazy to spend that much on, "just a pocketbook" yet she has no problem going to Canal St. and spending $150 on a fake look-a-like; and that is so wrong on so many levels... There are others who, I am sure, make comments behind my back regarding the prices of my latest Chanel and I couldn't care less. It's my money, it's my life and my choice on how to spend both. I never justify my purchases to anyone. Ladies, neither should you. Be proud to carry one of the best designers on your arm. We own the best of the best!

I will not hide the price but will tell them how much i spend as i know that they will say that's expensive and they will never spend so much for a bag. After all, my frnds & colleagues know that i have expensive taste, so there is nothing for me to feel bad and sad abt it.

I think those sort of comments because redundant as we grow older/more mature when it is more acceptable to spend large sums of money on designer things. I'm only 20 and I can imagine some of my close friends thinking me a fool for spending so much on ONE bag... but they spend a lot as well just on smaller things, I'd rather have one PERFECT *swoons* bag for all their smaller insignificant/common things.