Does Overstock wrap Bal mirrors in plastic?

muchstuff

Incorrigible Bagaholic
Authenticator
Jun 6, 2014
Hi All, has anyone purchased a Bal City from Overstock and did the mirror come wrapped in plastic with the tassel wrapped around the mirror? Thanks!

Found this comment/review on Overstock:

I have this nagging suspicion that the bag is NOT an authentic Balenciaga item. I own over a dozen Balenciaga bags and while this one is an excellent replica, I do not believe it be authentic. First, the mirror wasn't attached and was sealed in plastic as well as the strap (a sure sign of a counterfeit item). The stitching underneath the zippers isn't lined up and has a few dark pieces of thread (maybe it's a factory second, I keep telling myself that). Also there's a dye inconsistency (very small but still there) on the back leather. The hardware also feels cheap and of a much lighter weight than it should be. The dust bag is of poor fabric quality and has blurry print on the outside too, as well as the interior care cards.

https://www.overstock.com/Clothing-...2454X1552300Xe3f5f84f5ecb27560bb6fe2c110a29fa

Holy FAKES!
I am convinced Overstock is selling fakes!! I am serious!
Take a look at the bag on this link
: https://www.overstock.com/Clothing-...Q5LOQCD3AKRDPAC3Y&recalg=872,873,839&recidx=3

LOOK AT THIS TAG!!! :wtf:

Balenciaga-Giant-12-Gold-City-Medium-Leather-Bag-in-Rose-Jaipur-5dbfbe8d-8f61-4113-804a-7412564a03f3_600.jpg

Look at this zipper-pull

Balenciaga-Giant-12-Gold-City-Medium-Leather-Bag-in-Rose-Jaipur-eca93c0a-d381-4cb0-a507-b5fdbdf081c2_600.jpg

Wonder if this is stuff Loukpeach returned to T J Maxx no others and they pulled them from stores to sell here?

Could be.. She really got around.. Wherever it came from it's fake..
I wrote to Overstock, posted on their FB. I hope they take the stuff down..

Just in case I contacted Balenciaga too- this is awful. We should be able to trust a vendor that large..

I got a reply message from Balenciaga, thought I would share it.. It's short but they are aware & working to remove the fakes from Overstock.com

Hello,

Thank you very much for your message. We have been warned a few days ago about this site, and our legal team is hard at work with this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further inquiries.

Best regards,

I got a reply message from Balenciaga, thought I would share it.. It's short but they are aware & working to remove the fakes from Overstock.com

Hello,

Thank you very much for your message. We have been warned a few days ago about this site, and our legal team is hard at work with this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further inquiries.

Best regards,
Excellent news, well done!

Excellent news, well done!
Hi- thank you so much for these posts! sent a message out last week because I bought a balenciaga city bag on overstock and although it looked great in every way it came with the mirror in the pocket. Are all the bags from overstock fakes? Should I return it?

Attachments

• IMG_2306.JPG
    IMG_2306.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_2325.JPG
    IMG_2325.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_2301.JPG
    IMG_2301.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 362
Hi- thank you so much for these posts! sent a message out last week because I bought a balenciaga city bag on overstock and although it looked great in every way it came with the mirror in the pocket. Are all the bags from overstock fakes? Should I return it?

Hello, yes I thought about you & actually posted to you in the "Authenticate This" thread as you are what prompted me to start checking.
Thing is; the tags that are on the fakes, are not the same as yours.
All in all, yours seems to be genuine but for the mirror in plastic.
I know @s.tighe looked at your bag & deemed it ok so it likely IS ok..
But the tags have some similarities that do bother me.

Have you ever owned a Balenciaga before? I ask because there are other things that can only be judged in person, one being the scent of the leather.
Genuine has a very distinct smell to it- Fake just can't copy it.
I hate to have you doubt your bag- and I do trust S.Tighe's opinion..
But having a huge site like Overstock selling fakes makes me distrust everything they stock!

I'm so sorry you are having to go through all this mess!!:sad:

ETA: I went & reviewed your photos again in the AT thread and the back of your tag looks a lot like these.

I'll post the photo below so you can see what I mean.

Balenciaga-Giant-12-Gold-City-Medium-Leather-Bag-in-Rose-Azalee-2020efe9-5d48-4fac-adfd-969f8e5e69a7_600.jpg

YOURS-

img_2302-jpg.3498539

Last edited:
Hello, yes I thought about you & actually posted to you in the "Authenticate This" thread as you are what prompted me to start checking.
Thing is; the tags that are on the fakes, are not the same as yours.
All in all, yours seems to be genuine but for the mirror in plastic.
I know @s.tighe looked at your bag & deemed it ok so it likely IS ok..
But the tags have some similarities that do bother me.

Have you ever owned a Balenciaga before? I ask because there are other things that can only be judged in person, one being the scent of the leather.
Genuine has a very distinct smell to it- Fake just can't copy it.
I hate to have you doubt your bag- and I do trust S.Tighe's opinion..
But having a huge site like Overstock selling fakes makes me distrust everything they stock!

I'm so sorry you are having to go through all this mess!!:sad:

ETA: I went & reviewed your photos again in the AT thread and the back of your tag looks a lot like these.

I'll post the photo below so you can see what I mean.

Balenciaga-Giant-12-Gold-City-Medium-Leather-Bag-in-Rose-Azalee-2020efe9-5d48-4fac-adfd-969f8e5e69a7_600.jpg

YOURS-

img_2302-jpg.3498539
Hi-

Thank you so much for looking into overstock. wow you guys on purse forum really are good! I have never been on a blog before hence why I am all over the place where I post!! I do have a real 2009 le dix bag at home. Since its from 2009 the tags are different so its hard to tell. I put the bags side by side and they seem similar. I just felt so uncomfortable because of the mirror. I went to a Balenciaga store yesterday but they wouldn't look at the bag - they did tell me that they discontinued the 2015 as well as all city bags with the dark hardware - so that maybe made me feel like it was real and on overstock for that reason but after reading your posts all the other bags on there look fake so what are the chances I got the one good bag out of all the fake ones?!! I am just really scared I am spending
$1,300 on a possible fake.

Hi-

Thank you so much for looking into overstock. wow you guys on purse forum really are good! I have never been on a blog before hence why I am all over the place where I post!! I do have a real 2009 le dix bag at home. Since its from 2009 the tags are different so its hard to tell. I put the bags side by side and they seem similar. I just felt so uncomfortable because of the mirror. I went to a Balenciaga store yesterday but they wouldn't look at the bag - they did tell me that they discontinued the 2015 as well as all city bags with the dark hardware - so that maybe made me feel like it was real and on overstock for that reason but after reading your posts all the other bags on there look fake so what are the chances I got the one good bag out of all the fake ones?!! I am just really scared I am spending
What are your thoughts on this bag? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Balenciaga-...595633?hash=item2115cbc171:g:XDUAAOSw6n5XwdNx

Hi-

Yeah, that tag is bugging me more & more.. The 2009 tag will be completely different.. Not even close to the current/newer tags, sorry.
Do you have a return window?
I'm posting a genuine tag below and it isn't an "F" tag but you can still see what a genuine one looks like "font" wise.
I sure would like a few more opinions on this.. It's a lot of money- Does it have the smell of yummy leather? As a genuine bag should have?
GENUINE Bal Tag
balenciaga-agneau-classic-city-bleu-dragee-00017.jpg

Hi-

OK so I've done a bit of research, see pics below. The black F tag is yours bglovesb, The authentic azalee pink H tag is from RDC and the authentic red E tag is from Yoogis "how to tell a fake" info. I would think the seasons are close enough that there shouldn't be differences. The single pink back of an F tag is an Overstock fake supplied by Pika.
I see differences between the overstock fake and your black compared to the two authentic bags in terms of fonts. Check the numbers 0 and 6 as two where it's more obvious. The letters A, B and E in particular show differences.
I'm not commenting on whether or not your bag is authentic but I do see differences. If it's a fake it's a good one, better than the tag Pika gave us of the obvious Overstock fake bag.
To add to the mix, the last tag is an authentic G tag Hip from RDC. Much harder to read but authentic. To my eye the shape of the Q and the A differ from those letters on your bag.
Anyone have a headache yet?
1.JPG 3.JPG 14 RH azalee Work RDC.jpg Balenciaga-inside-label-authentic.jpg 5.jpg 14 RH black Hip RDC.jpg