Does everyone do this, or is it just me.....

kelbelle

O.G.
May 15, 2007
I obsess over getting a bag and when I finally do it, it takes me about two weeks before I start thinking about a different one I want and thinking about selling the new one. It's so annoying! How can I stop it?? This forum doesn't help because I see so many fabulous bags!!!!

LOL I'm the same way!! I had to stop myself lately visiting the PF because I didn't want to get tempeted with all the new bags coming out. But here I am again. I'll buy a new bag and not even two days after that, I'm hunting for another one. It's an obession for me. I LOVE PURSES!!

I have to force myself not to come here. Really. I took about 5 or 6 months off from the boards, just to cool down for awhile :supacool:

When I find a bag I love, I try to sit on it for a few months rather than impulse buy bags. That way, I know I truly like them and it's not just a brief infatuation.

kelbelle if it takes you two weeks before you start looking for your next great love I think you're doing pretty well! :P Sometimes I'll order a bag and before it even gets here I'm eyeing my next purchase. Unluckily for me, I have to save my $ to buy each bag so that forces me to think carefully, make tradeoffs, etc to make sure that I really want it.

SAME WAY! Everytime I get a bag I think.. "okay.. my collection is complete" for now anyway. Then three days later I am trying to figure out what bag will "complete" my collection next. It is never ending. I'm at a point now where I love all the bags I have but I still want more- I can't get another one unless I sell one and I just won't do that right now. I love them all- so I'm stuck with what I've good. It's for the better I guess : (

You're actually doing pretty well if you last a couple weeks! I usually have one ordered and not even at my house yet when I start obsessing about the next one!

OH yes. But sometimes, if I try hard enough, I can find fault with a bag and talk myself out of it before I need a home equity loan.
My tastes change over time too. Some bags in my collection now leave me scratching my head and wondering 'what was I thinking?', while some styles I used to drool over I am SO GLAD I never bought (now I hate them!).

All I can suggest, is that you work out your current requirements for the perfect bag, in extreme detail and try not to buy anything that deviates from those criteria.

Become like the curator of a world class museum, who is only interested in cherry picking the most exquisite exhibits! LOL! :lol:

Picky, picky, picky - that's the only way to go! :tup:

Luckily, I don't suffer from your problem, as I am sooooo fussy by nature (for my sins!), that 99.9% of bags fall short of my fastidious requirements, one way, or another! :biggrin:

Of course, being very fussy can present its own problems, but still.

Wow, two weeks is doing really good. Just read my signature. Everytime I get a new bag, the very next day I have this little voice in my head telling me just one more!!! And all these end of the year sales certainly didn't help. But I'm seriously putting myself on a ban until the summer. I have a really great collection.

I feel the same way. In fact I just came back to TPF from a long break because I was spending too much on bags. And my break worked - I didn't buy any bags while I didn't come here and I didn't think about bags nearly so much. I try to only come here when I have money to spend. Otherwise I end up making bad decisions.