Does Burberry hold up?

Jan 31, 2008
I have been looking at this Burberry bag (that Regina was so kind as to identify for me) and am really considering getting it but I am new to Burberry and was wondering if anyone had experience with their nylon fabrics and do they hold up well over time? I know the straps and trim are leather but most of the bag is made of nylon it seems so I just want to make sure I have a bag that will last me at least a few good years. Thanks for the help!

http://www.burberryusaonline.com/pro...entPage=family

I think that depends on how you treat your bags; I bought a Nova Check nylon bag for my mum about five years ago in London and she uses it for "everyday shopping" - although not very often. The bag is like new, I probably could sell it on Ebay claiming "bought a couple of weeks ago, only used three times".... If she would use the bag on a daily basis it wouldn't look that good, of course. But my overall impression is that the nylon is pretty sturdy... (is that the right word?).
Regina :tup:

I have two bags, one is a doctor type bag in the small Nova Check the other is a tote in the larger check. They have both held up very well. I also find that if they get dirt on them, they are very easy to wipe off with a damp cloth.

this bag is gorgeous regarding the overall look and size. Regarding the nylon, ya it would hold up...but i prefer if u got a darker color since the color of the bag u posted is very light and if ur planning to buy it as ur first burberry bag ur probably going to be wearing it alot..so go for it but for a darker shade.

Bags and wallets generally hold up very well. I drag my burberry wallet around everywhere and it has gone through a lot and the other day, I gave it a quick clean by using a towel and some warm water. And instantly, all the "dirt" came off. Like all bags, if you want to keep it in good condition, you shouldn't be using it everyday and such I guess.

I think their clothes don't hold up as well -- I bought a red coat from them and the threading was not very well done.