Does anyone use Poshmark?

Just left my first negative EBAY feedback (it involves a poshmark seller)

I won an auction for a pair of shoes I've been stalking for years. The particular pair has been listed a few times on eBay, sometimes selling and sometimes not, by the same seller. I assumed it was due to non-paying bidders. Based upon my experience, that isn't the case!

Same photos used in poshmark/EBAY listings, similar screen names, shipping from same location. I'm a snipe bidder so I knew immediately that I won and I paid instantly. Seller canceled the order and refunded me within minutes--the automatic eBay notification stated the reason was because the item was no longer available or was damaged. It's listed for much much higher price on poshmark than I paid on ebay--poshmark seller (using similar name and same shipping location and same photos... maybe not same item but that's lots of coincidences) confirmed the shoes are still available and still in pristine condition... after canceling my EBAY order.

So I left the negative feedback and I feel pretty sick about it. If (EBAY) seller had messaged me and said they were really sorry and just weren't ready to sell the item at that price, I would have been annoyed but understanding. But they lied and said it wasn't available or damaged while trying to sell it somewhere else for twice the price. I didn't engage in any negative conversation but I'm sure she will put two and two together and retaliate. I suppose I deserve whatever retaliation I get... or maybe it is all a coincidence and I'm a jerk for leaving the negative feedback after jumping to conclusions... Should I be ashamed?

Edited to correct my poor iPhone typing

I'm not sure what actually happened, but you might be smart to block her on Poshmark so she can't comment on your listings. Maybe send her an email via eBay to explain your rating and if she has a legit explanation that it was actually out of stock somehow (maybe the Poshmark seller stole her photos and it isn't actually the same bag) then reverse your negative feedback? Can you check the other items she is selling in both places and see if there are more matches?

Reactions: Monstahospital
I'm not sure what actually happened, but you might be smart to block her on Poshmark so she can't comment on your listings. Maybe send her an email via eBay to explain your rating and if she has a legit explanation that it was actually out of stock somehow (maybe the Poshmark seller stole her photos and it isn't actually the same bag) then reverse your negative feedback? Can you check the other items she is selling in both places and see if there are more matches?

No other items for sale on her eBay account. Oh well... it's too late now so I'll accept the responsibility of my behavior if I'm wrong. I had spoken to eBay and they said it's not a policy violation for her to cancel to sell elsewhere but that if she continues to cancel items it will eventually affect her seller performance rating (assuming all the sold listings using the same photos were canceled by seller for same reason). They actually were the ones recommending I leave the feedback (they can't force someone to follow through with the sale after the auction ends) and reassured me that she could have them remove it if she thought it wasn't fair. So there's that at least.

Edited to add: I've had excellent luck on eBay for 15 years. This was the first time I've ever been turned off enough to leave negative feedback. I've only had a few problems in all that time and all were either understandable, forgivable, or resolved. I can't say the same for poshmark--it's like 50/50 for me there (at best) so I'm not surprised my one negative involves a posh seller (assuming it's not a coincidence)

Last edited:
No other items for sale on her eBay account. Oh well... it's too late now so I'll accept the responsibility of my behavior if I'm wrong. I had spoken to eBay and they said it's not a policy violation for her to cancel to sell elsewhere but that if she continues to cancel items it will eventually affect her seller performance rating (assuming all the sold listings using the same photos were canceled by seller for same reason). They actually were the ones recommending I leave the feedback (they can't force someone to follow through with the sale after the auction ends) and reassured me that she could have them remove it if she thought it wasn't fair. So there's that at least.

It's not a violation if she cancels BEFORE the item sells on eBay- I have items cross listed and have to pull them from eBay immediately when they sell elsewhere.
If she cancels after she sells, either auction or BIN that's an out of stock, the tolerance for that is very low, for a small seller I believe it's 3, maybe 4 and your account is done.
Out of stock is as bad, if not worse than a case closed without seller resolution.
I just hope she didn't lie about the reason on her cancellation- if she checks "at buyers request" there's no defect to her account..

Reactions: BeenBurned
It's not a violation if she cancels BEFORE the item sells on eBay- I have items cross listed and have to pull them from eBay immediately when they sell elsewhere.
If she cancels after she sells, either auction or BIN that's an out of stock, the tolerance for that is very low, for a small seller I believe it's 3, maybe 4 and your account is done.
Out of stock is as bad, if not worse than a case closed without seller resolution.
I just hope she didn't lie about the reason on her cancellation- if she checks "at buyers request" there's no defect to her account..

When I was on the phone with them they had me on hold for maybe a minute, not very long at all. After that they mentioned they saw neither she nor I had sent messages to each other.... I assumed it was because they asked me if she had explained why she canceled--I said I had only received the automated cancellation/refund notification (no seller communication) so I figured they were double checking me and ensuring I wasn't being nasty or anything. So I guess they would know that I definitely didn't request a cancellation since they had looked up our message history.

I didn't save the old listings in my watch list to be able to confirm she uses only one account. I've seen them I think 4 times, definitely selling twice before... once slightly more than my winning bid but most recently in September (confirmed by searching completed listings) they sold much much cheaper than my winning bid (toward end of October) from same seller account. So it's possible she can fly under the radar if she uses more than one account but I confirmed at least one other time it was the same account in last 60 days. I probably should have known it was a problem seeing them come up more than once after selling--but you know how you start to embrace magical thinking when it's a pair you really want! Lol! My very first eBay selling experience resulted in a non-paying bidder so I figured she just was really unlucky and had two of them back to back!

She refunded me right away so I think that's why I feel guilty leaving the feedback. Officially, it's resolved regardless whether I'm correct or not about the motivation. Maybe I should have let it go. I'll grow up, one day! Probably not tomorrow... lol

Please beware of the latest identity theft scam on PM. View attachment 3526334

I got tagged twice yesterday from two different usernames, both "trying" to sound like official representatives' names, but on listings in unassociated legit closets. I commented back tagging them and pm_editor to hopefully get it removed quickly each time. If posh were ever going to give a random reward (would never happen) they'd do it through official messages in app/email (which scamming users don't have the ability to do).

For me it wasn't even a question because I'm paranoid, but there's lots of gullible users and even children using that app (there shouldn't be, but there is) so I hope that posh sends everyone some official sort of communication warning users to beware.

Side note: I wonder if it's more difficult to detect stolen identity of underage minor compared to adult? Victims themselves usually detect the problem when they are accessing their credit info, which doesn't really apply to minors... the credit card info a minor would have stored on their phone for purchases would be a parent or guardian so I guess it's not more problematic??

I got tagged twice yesterday from two different usernames, both "trying" to sound like official representatives' names, but on listings in unassociated legit closets. I commented back tagging them and pm_editor to hopefully get it removed quickly each time. If posh were ever going to give a random reward (would never happen) they'd do it through official messages in app/email (which scamming users don't have the ability to do).

For me it wasn't even a question because I'm paranoid, but there's lots of gullible users and even children using that app (there shouldn't be, but there is) so I hope that posh sends everyone some official sort of communication warning users to beware.

Side note: I wonder if it's more difficult to detect stolen identity of underage minor compared to adult? Victims themselves usually detect the problem when they are accessing their credit info, which doesn't really apply to minors... the credit card info a minor would have stored on their phone for purchases would be a parent or guardian so I guess it's not more problematic??

I'd say it's a problem. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0040-child-identity-theft

With the holiday season comings, scams are everywhere. I've been getting bombarded with fake calendar invites on my iPhone. People need to be really careful.

She refunded me right away so I think that's why I feel guilty leaving the feedback. Officially, it's resolved regardless whether I'm correct or not about the motivation. Maybe I should have let it go. I'll grow up, one day! Probably not tomorrow... lol

I don't feel guilty anymore. She listed them AGAIN :smile:

And of course, they're still available in her poshmark closet as well hehe

I am so done with Poshmark! What a joke! :cursing:

Bought a lower end jacket- Listed as Guess, LEATHER and "New, Never Worn".
I bought it as a beater jacket for myself, it was only like $89.
ok..
It arrives- it is NOT even leather! It's polyurethane and a very bad faux leather at that.
It feels greasy and smells like chemicals.. AND It is NOT new! The inside is full of glitter, all over the lining.
The collar shows rubbing & color fade from wear and the edges of the sleeve cuffs are dark.

I requested a refund for not as listed- I will not wear this jacket and it isn't worth a third of what I paid..
It isn't leather, I sent pics, should be an easy win for me as it isn't what it claimed.

They are trying to get me to keep it for a $10 credit!!!!!! Are you kidding me??!!
No, NO, NOO!! I do NOT want this awful thing- not even for free!
Say what you will about eBay- they would not try to get me to keep this nasty thing! I replied to Poshmark- the last 3 things I've bought there have been terrible. The listings are both deliberately misleading and some even out right lies!
I'm done shopping there.. I told them they have one more chance to respond to my email with a return label or I file at Paypal.

Sorry for the rant but I am steaming mad! :mad:

ETA: Ok apparently they didn't like me saying I would go through Paypal- I had a return label in my email about 10 mins after my last message to them. Good.
At least they did they right thing- I'm still done shopping there. MANY of their sellers try to mislead buyers intentionally. I don't have time for that nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: jchen815

ok..
It arrives- it is NOT even leather! It's polyurethane and a very bad faux leather at that.
It feels greasy and smells like chemicals.. AND It is NOT new! The inside is full of glitter, all over the lining.
The collar shows rubbing & color fade from wear and the edges of the sleeve cuffs are dark.

I requested a refund for not as listed- I will not wear this jacket and it isn't worth a third of what I paid..
It isn't leather, I sent pics, should be an easy win for me as it isn't what it claimed.

They are trying to get me to keep it for a $10 credit!!!!!! Are you kidding me??!!
Say what you will about eBay- they would not try to get me to keep this nasty thing! I replied to Poshmark- the last 3 things I've bought there have been terrible. The listings are both deliberately misleading and some even out right lies!
I'm done shopping there.. I told them they have one more chance to respond to my email with a return label or I file at Paypal.

ETA: Ok apparently they didn't like me saying I would go through Paypal- I had a return label in my email about 10 mins after my last message to them. Good.
At least they did they right thing- I'm still done shopping there. MANY of their sellers try to mislead buyers intentionally. I don't have time for that nonsense.
Glad you get to return the item not as described. What a pain, don't sellers care about their reputation . Can you leave negative feedback?

Reactions: PikaboICU
Glad you get to return the item not as described. What a pain, don't sellers care about their reputation . Can you leave negative feedback?

Thanks, I'm glad too..:tup:
I just want to be made whole again..
PM doesn't really have a FB system, I don't think.. I usually leave a nice compliment on the comments when I accept a purchase but I've not seen anywhere else to do that.
That's the thing- I care about my integrity. Poshmark has gone down hill alarmingly fast.

ok..

Yeah, agreed. So sorry you had to go through that! No one takes care of their clothing, you'd think that the seller would have at least lint rolled the glitter, lol. I was looking at JCrew wool coats, the burgundy one from last season to be specific, most of the main pics were of the JCrew image with an entirely different misshaped coat... not to mention, people machine wash their wool dry clean only coats, blasphemy!!! I've noticed many people selling items in conditions I would feel bad about even donating..

Reactions: PikaboICU