Does anyone use Poshmark?

I have a love / hate relationship with Poshmark. Most of my purchases have gone well. I've had a couple transactions where the seller didn't ship. (Fell off the planet & one who claimed the package was stolen from her car.) I've had a couple transactions where they just cancelled the sale. (One got a message with a higher offer. One said her sister borrowed the bag and it was now out of the country). My biggest complaint is if I need to return something because it's not as described. Some sellers are crazy and get nasty and tell you off. I'm in the middle of a return now. It was a Louie Vuitton bag, supposedly in un-used condition. I received it and it's covered in water marks and is TOTALLY FAKE. (The seller described that she got it at an estate sale and did not have it authenticated). But when I let her know I was returning because it was not as described AND fake, she started hurling insults and got nasty. Told me that I knew it might not be real from the listing and I'm wasting her time and sellers beware - don't sell to me - and she hopes that I can afford a real bag next time. Like I said, she got crazy. She knew darn-well that this bag was counterfeit and because I won't accept it, she's acting like I'm the problem.
So my review of posh is mixed. I'm sure Poshmark will authorize my return, because they don't support fakes. But there are a LOT of fakes for sale on that site. So buyer beware. There are some great deals to be had too.....if your willing to deal with an occasional crazy person!

I have a love / hate relationship with Poshmark. Most of my purchases have gone well. I've had a couple transactions where the seller didn't ship. (Fell off the planet & one who claimed the package was stolen from her car.) I've had a couple transactions where they just cancelled the sale. (One got a message with a higher offer. One said her sister borrowed the bag and it was now out of the country). My biggest complaint is if I need to return something because it's not as described. Some sellers are crazy and get nasty and tell you off. I'm in the middle of a return now. It was a Louie Vuitton bag, supposedly in un-used condition. I received it and it's covered in water marks and is TOTALLY FAKE. (The seller described that she got it at an estate sale and did not have it authenticated). But when I let her know I was returning because it was not as described AND fake, she started hurling insults and got nasty. Told me that I knew it might not be real from the listing and I'm wasting her time and sellers beware - don't sell to me - and she hopes that I can afford a real bag next time. Like I said, she got crazy. She knew darn-well that this bag was counterfeit and because I won't accept it, she's acting like I'm the problem.
So my review of posh is mixed. I'm sure Poshmark will authorize my return, because they don't support fakes. But there are a LOT of fakes for sale on that site. So buyer beware. There are some great deals to be had too.....if your willing to deal with an occasional crazy person!
I feel your pain and have to agree some people are not very nice. I purchased a TB and it was fake. They issued a refund right away and the seller actually sent me an apology. I really do not feel that she even knew it was fake. I am currently trying to return a pair of UGG boots that are also fake. Again I had a long conversation with the seller who didn't believe they were fake but I since have opened her eyes to a few details. Posh asked for more pictures which I do not understand since UGG boots will always have a cream fur bottom and these boots have the same color of the inside fur. That is proof alone. Posh has always been good to me and I think they are a well run business unlike Mercari. I sell on both sites. I should say I buy more then sell lol. It is very frustrating when people sell fakes and advertise as real. Memes treasures has authenticated several bags I have purchased .. LV's and is wonderful if you ever need an authenticator:smile:

I've been a Debbie downer about posh lately--I feel like I need to say something positive!! One thing that I do like about posh is that the buyer's payment info is required immediately when purchasing or has to be finalized prior to submitting an offer.

I just tried my hand at eBay for the very first time and it resulted in a non-paying bidder. There's a process to avoid paying the seller fees, or to get them refunded, that is NOT very quick. In the meantime, I'm not allowed to leave any feedback regarding the buyer (ok, I get it, I guess) but they can still eave nasty feedback about me.

I definitely feel better about selling on posh but their 20% commission isn't worth it since they do practically nothing about listing violations and their "parties" and "showrooms" are lame. I'm not sure whether their authentication services make up for it since I've only sold one item more than $500 and haven't bought any above $500. But still, overall I actually prefer selling on posh! Unless my eBay luck turns around hehe!

This may be true and works out quite well for the seller but what about the buyer who is still waiting for their purchase to be shipped an entire week after they've paid? And with no way to contact the seller? Tomorrow will be the 7th day since I paid for a bag and no sign that it's been shipped or any way to contact the seller. Guess tomorrow (hopefully) I'll be able to let them know that it's been 7 days without any action on the seller's part. Bad business practice to take someone's money and not ship for at least a week. Up until now guess I've been pretty lucky on PM!

I just saw a listing for a high-end designer bag where the seller put "No comments plz!!" at the end of the description. Does this mean she doesn't want anyone to comment on her listing? If so, why??

Probably because most of the comments are useless anyway. Not one of PM's better features. Not sure why anyone would assume the listing is fake just because some others are. Why condemn everyone due to the dishonesty of a few?

I just saw a listing for a high-end designer bag where the seller put "No comments plz!!" at the end of the description. Does this mean she doesn't want anyone to comment on her listing? If so, why??
Maybe because if it's fake and someone points it out, others will know since she can't remove the comments?
Good point, BB. I'm sure that's exactly why she doesn't want comments.
BTW, I've never seen a "no comments please" request on listings for authentic items, thus my comment. Nor have I seen negative comments on listings for authentic items. (There's no "condemnation" of everyone because of the dishonesty of a few.)

BTW, I've never seen a "no comments please" request on listings for authentic items, thus my comment. Nor have I seen negative comments on listings for authentic items. (There's no "condemnation" of everyone because of the dishonesty of a few.)
Agreed. The ones that say "No comments about authenticity" are always fake (every one that I've seen), even if the seller tries to pass it off as real.

I have negative comments on some of my authentic listings, but it's because I sometimes get some backlash when I nicely comment about authenticity. I don't block people right away...I give them the benefit of the doubt because most of the time, they are unaware, and they are thankful. However, I get some that are scammers and get upset I called them out, so they come to my listings and write stuff because they are upset. I block them at that point, but sometimes they make new comments just to comment.

Ugh. Oh well. I always respond and people look at my listing and it's pretty clear to see what's happened. It's a risk I'm willing to take to help save people from buying fakes!

Maybe because if it's fake and someone points it out, others will know since she can't remove the comments?

Good point, BB. I'm sure that's exactly why she doesn't want comments.

Not sure why anyone would assume the listing is fake just because some others are. Why condemn everyone due to the dishonesty of a few?
It's interesting that you would even dig up my 3-week old comment. You've been asked to put me on ignore for over a year. Why not do so since you never agree with my posts anyway?

Reactions: Nikki_
I really don't get posh. I tried buying something, the seller messages me that she'll ship right out the next day and then proceeds to cancel the order! I was so pissed! This was my very first experience on there and it was not good. I couldn't even message her to question her on it.

I just found the same item for way more (also happened to be on posh) and the seller and I agreed on a price after going back and forth. I hope this order ships and the condition is as described!

I really don't get posh. I tried buying something, the seller messages me that she'll ship right out the next day and then proceeds to cancel the order! I was so pissed! This was my very first experience on there and it was not good. I couldn't even message her to question her on it.

I just found the same item for way more (also happened to be on posh) and the seller and I agreed on a price after going back and forth. I hope this order ships and the condition is as described!

Sometimes scammers do this - either to save face on their listing by saying they will ship thr item when they know they can't because they don't have it or because their item is not authentic, or sometimes scammers who are also new to selling on Poshmark only cancel once they realize that they have to send expensive items to posh concierge headquarters to be verified before they get paid. Another option is that the seller is not a scammer but maybe sold it for more on another website? In any case, good luck with your new purchase! Don't worry that you had to pay more for it, on Poshmark 99% of purchases that are priced lower than expected for that item either never ship, are cancelled or fail the authenticity check once they get to Poshmark headquarters.

Sometimes scammers do this - either to save face on their listing by saying they will ship thr item when they know they can't because they don't have it or because their item is not authentic, or sometimes scammers who are also new to selling on Poshmark only cancel once they realize that they have to send expensive items to posh concierge headquarters to be verified before they get paid. Another option is that the seller is not a scammer but maybe sold it for more on another website? In any case, good luck with your new purchase! Don't worry that you had to pay more for it, on Poshmark 99% of purchases that are priced lower than expected for that item either never ship, are cancelled or fail the authenticity check once they get to Poshmark headquarters.

I don't know, my only guess is she did the math and realized how much she'd get after Posh takes 20%. She had just lowered the price a little right before I purchased so I'm sure that didn't help any. Her pictures and description wasn't great and this new listing says worn once, like new, so I have higher hopes for it! Now it just needs to actually ship!

I don't know, my only guess is she did the math and realized how much she'd get after Posh takes 20%. She had just lowered the price a little right before I purchased so I'm sure that didn't help any. Her pictures and description wasn't great and this new listing says worn once, like new, so I have higher hopes for it! Now it just needs to actually ship!

That's true, 20% is a lot. Poshmark makes it very clear when listing how much you will receive after the commission, but maybe some people ignore that part. Good luck on the new purchase, second time's a charm!

Reactions: Shoppinmel
I recently sold a watch on PM. It arrived today and the seller immediately opened up a case without contacting me. I don't know what she could possibly be unhappy with, the watch is exactly as described. Can anyone tell me how this process works with PM?

I think I'm going to stop selling online... it's becoming way too stressful!

I can't stand some of the people on Poshmark. I purchased a pair of shorts on 8/16 and the seller said she'd ship by 8/18. She didn't end up shipping until 8/22... I never left her and rude comments asking what's taking so long for my package to be sent out. I then left for vacation without the shorts because she took way too long to ship and they were apparently delivered 8/25. She left me a comment right after she hit the notification that it was delivered to my house telling me to release payment. I didn't reply to her because I was irritated that she would demand me to release it RIGHT WHEN IT WAS DELIVERED when she didn't even ship on time. The next day she left me this wonderful comment about her funds. Really? I didn't harass you with comments asking you to ship and yet you have the audacity to talk to a customer like that'. On top of that, posh releases the funds themselves 3 days after delivery. So it's not like I'm holding her money hostage. I can't with these girls. Vile.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1472494757.269657.jpg

I recently sold a watch on PM. It arrived today and the seller immediately opened up a case without contacting me. I don't know what she could possibly be unhappy with, the watch is exactly as described. Can anyone tell me how this process works with PM?

I think I'm going to stop selling online... it's becoming way too stressful!

I've had two issues with posh, but overall experience has been great.
One did involve a case.
I sold some Burberry flats which I got as a Christmas present from my brother and his wife. Wrong size, waited too long to return, etc... I am 100% certain they were real.
I shipped when I was supposed to, was notified a few days later buyer was unhappy and PM was "investigating" they never asked me any questions, did any research at all with me and after a couple of days I was notified the shoes were to be returned to me and I wouldn't get the funds. I emailed them a couple of times on how they do their research, authorize a return, etc... They just referred me to links with generic info. Got nowhere with that in other words!
Other than that I've sold quite a bit of stuff through them! Hate that 20% though!