do you wear makeup at home?

bra and shoes
Well, who would wear a bra or shoes at home if they didn’t have to do so :P :drinks:

Even when I wore makeup precovid, I felt like I needed to clean and moisturize my face to remove
outside dirt and give my face a rest at home. For the same reasons, I do have a roster of favorite,
easy, slip on dresses that I use as housedresses. More comfy and flattering than sweat pants.
My whole family always changed into inside clothes and slippers for home use.

I felt somewhat validated when an allergist recommended that outside clothes be kept away from the bedroom
if possible to avoid trekking around pollen and allergens. (I also have two sets of birkenstocks in various models
for inside and outside use too bc I like wearing them as slippers).

Last edited:
Absolutely no and how about "do you wear shoes at home?". Haa this is something that me as a Chinese can never do it =)

The pandemic has changed a lot on my make up routine. I no longer wear foundation wherever i am. Started to feel lazy but yet I know it's ok even without.

Sometimes-- cuz (Y v Y) I'm a lip-gloss hoarder jus trying to put my impulsive purchases to some actual use...
but def keeping it simple to eyeliner/glosses/a lil bit of eyebrow gel cuz seriously-- I wish I could handle foundation and concealers but I totally can't without my skin freaking out.
But still-- Makeup is an awesome solitary ritual type of thing, cuz like, its you-time. You chose the products, you chose the time to put it on, and you can choose why you do it.

Well, who would wear a bra or shoes at home if they didn’t have to do so :P :drinks:

Even when I wore makeup precovid, I felt like I needed to clean and moisturize my face to remove
outside dirt and give my face a rest at home. For the same reasons, I do have a roster of favorite,
easy, slip on dresses that I use as housedresses. More comfy and flattering than sweat pants.
My whole family always changed into inside clothes and slippers for home use.

I felt somewhat validated when an allergist recommended that outside clothes be kept away from the bedroom
if possible to avoid trekking around pollen and allergens. (I also have two sets of birkenstocks in various models
for inside and outside use too bc I like wearing them as slippers).
I also immediately change clothes whenever I come inside. This is something my mom raised us to do. You don’t sit in your outside clothes in house. Put on lounge wear and if going back out change back into your clothes

I am ready a book titled “Swans of Fifth Avenue”. There is a scene where Babe Paley and Truman Capote are gossiping in her bedroom and she loses track of time. She freaks out because she hears her husband come home and she had not totally reapplied her makeup before his arrival.

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger
I am ready a book titled “Swans of Fifth Avenue”. There is a scene where Babe Paley and Truman Capote are gossiping in her bedroom and she loses track of time. She freaks out because she hears her husband come home and she had not totally reapplied her makeup before his arrival.
And rumor had it that Babe Paley would wake up earlier than Bill to apply her makeup & perhaps
he never saw her without any.. These swans confided in Truman too much & he betrayed them all
in various ways

is this a good book?

Absolutely no and how about "do you wear shoes at home?". Haa this is something that me as a Chinese can never do it =)

The pandemic has changed a lot on my make up routine. I no longer wear foundation wherever i am. Started to feel lazy but yet I know it's ok even without.
Same here, in Finland you take your shoes off when you go inside. Basically the only acception when it's okay to wear shoes inside is a party and even then some take their shoes off.

Reactions: papertiger