Do you try use a Chanel Purse when you go to the Boutique? NM? Saks?

I think I would feel more confident if I were... But it's kind of sad, that we have to "show off" to the SAs just to get the service every customer deserves!
On SAs -- I was browsing in Saks one day using my Bottega Veneta woven hobo and was touching some bags that cost around 1200. As soon as my hand left a bag the SA shot in and rearranged the bags, while giving my bag a snide look, like "what are you doing, looking at these expensive bags".
I don't think he recognized BV, and didn't know that it cost more than the bags on display. Ugh, does this mean whenever I shop I have to use something logo-ed just to be treated semi-politely?

^^ OMG I absolutely HATE HATE HATE when that happens. Esp when they immediately rearrange the bags right after you take a look at them and pass by. UGGGHHH!! They think they're so much better than us. chiaoapple, i'm sorry you had to go through that. i have too. those SA's don't know much really.

I look young, and generally when I am on a shopping mission, I dress comfy, so I can change quickly and walk a lot. So, SA tend to think, oh she won't buy anything. It drives me crazy!

Don't know if this would work for Chanel...but when the Victorias Secret first opened in my town, I went to shop, and the SA were so rude to me. None of them would help me, and I was there to SHOP. I promptly got all their names, and tracked down a corporate number and gave them a piece of my mind I was irrate. They were so apologetic they sent me a $100 gift card, and said that they had spoken to the SA and straightened then out. My only stipulation was, I had to go back and shop a that store. They were very nice to me, from then on.

I am new to the chanel world. I stopped in Chanel on 57th Street at lunchtime today to look around. I was carrying an MJ black Stella. I received pretty good service. The salesperson discussed the bags with me and answered my questions. I took his card and will work with him on my future bag purchase since he treated me well.

The bags were stunning. I am particularly interested in the black lambskin classic flap with silver hardware. Drool.

I think I would feel more confident if I were... But it's kind of sad, that we have to "show off" to the SAs just to get the service every customer deserves!

I definitely agree. And I'm sorry that you were treated that way! Most SAs tend to judge me before they even speak to me, as well. I look a lot younger than I am, and I'm sure my pink hair doesn't help, but I'm always dressed in jeans and a hoodie. Most of the time, they ignore me. I'm glad for tPF because I've found some super helpful SAs through here. But when I'm window shopping, I always try to make sure I'm carrying Chanel. It makes me feel more confident when shopping in those types of stores. It's sad...but true.

Never - I wear what ever bag I am carrying at that moment - LV, BV, Chloe, Lanvin - whatever - besides if I am going into one boutique I am probably going in to them all so I would have to change bags every 15 min lol. :yahoo:I get alot of compliments on my Lanvin Kansas at every boutique I go to. I guess cause you see less of them . . . Plus my accessories are mixed in my bag also - most likely I am carrying or wearing SOMEthing of each designer I love anyway . . .

^^ OMG I absolutely HATE HATE HATE when that happens. Esp when they immediately rearrange the bags right after you take a look at them and pass by. UGGGHHH!! They think they're so much better than us. chiaoapple, i'm sorry you had to go through that. i have too. those SA's don't know much really.

Hehehe! If this happens to me, I walk around the store touching everything!!! :graucho: I can't stand it either!

I just wear whatever goes with my outfit~~

However, I don't mind being incognito because then I can take my time and I can select the SA that seems the most helpful to others and work with her/him, that way I PICK THEM, they don't PICK ME! It really bugs me when a SA rushes up to me because they think they're going to make a sale and only show you the most expensive items! That why I prefer to find one SA I like in Saks, NM and Chanel and stick with them to find me the bag and just go to the stores to check out the items IRL.

I don't..I just carry whatever I feel like and I get the same reaction. The other day when I went into mine I was carrying my LV silver Miroir Speedy and the SA was drooling over it lol. She was going on about how it was already sold out and how the LV department across the way had never even gotten any to set out for display.

I do when I go to the Chanel boutique because even then they're really snotty and arrogant but a bit nicer than without a Chanel bag. Chanel SA in Munich are notorious for being snotty and arrogant even the other Chanel shops in Germany know about them. I actually prefer to order from other shops because of the crappy service there.

Dear Friends:

Here in LA, too many people are with designer bags and us Pfers BUY BUY BUY, so most of SA here DO NOT care about commision because if I don't buy, there is some else who will... Customer fight to get the bags NOT SA fight to get the business...

This is happening in ALL of the dept store w/Chanel and Chanel boutique (MY OWN PERSONAL BAD EXPERIENCES), so that's why I buy with Karen at NM in NJ who really appreciates me!

Sad, isn't it, I don't even like the stores in MY OWN TOWN...

But, hey I am getting my 'DREAM BAGS' and that's all it counts!!!

HAPPY SHOPPING, Ladies!
Morgan