Do you tell your parents/SO how much your bag really cost?

I always fudge a little to my DH, and I don't tell him exactly, I tell him, "It was around..." . But I do tell what % off I got when I get a good sale price, and he's always happy about a good deal!

no i don't...if they notice my family, friends or man i say...i got this a long time ago and quickly change the topic
but over all if it's less than 1k i dont mind telling but only if they ask and i have to be pushed a little to tell

I often use two credit cards. My personal one with the bulk of the purchase and the joint one with a small percent. That way MH thinks my purses are much cheaper than they are. I earn my own money, but I hate hearing him complain. Once we were at the LV store and he looked at a man who was beside us and said, "Huh, I bet that bag is at least 250 dollars. Can you believe it?" The SA and the man's wife just smiled. I was terrified that the man would answer him but he didn't. :sweatdrop:

My parents are both gone but even if they were alive I wouldn't share my spending habits with them ....

I don't share with my long term SO (14 years) what I spend on handbags - he would not understand and since I spend my money and not our money, I don't feel any explanation is required.

Of course I tell my husband. There should be no need to lie, imo. I am not doing anything wrong, therefore I do not need to lie about it. Our finances effect us both, so him lying or me lying is only going to hurt us.

No to my parents/relatives/friends/strangers (exception of those "in the know"). If anyone would insist, my price is $49.99. This is my initial price to my SO until he finds out.
But if my SO truly wants to know the price without complaining/drama, then I just show him the receipt. There are people that will understand or never why I spend alot on my purse. So, to avoid the long story--it's $49.99.

My parents don't know and I try very hard to avoid the question if it ever comes up (something along the lines of 'oh not too much...' or 'I got it on a sale...' and hope they don't press further; but then again, both my parents are not into fashion or bags so they are clueless on pricing.

My DH doesn't know and he doesn't normally ask. I feel guilty sometimes and tell him anyways (esp. if I got a really good deal on the purse :smile:). He's the type that's 'if you like it, get it'. :P Love him!

SO: yes. He spends a lot on clothes/accesories, too. Sometimes he has an opinion on what I bought or should have bought, but never criticizes the price.

Parents: NO WAY! I'm a full time student so they would kill me if they knew what my bags cost. The only brand I carry that my mom knows of is MJ, but I comforted her by what a good deal I got (ok, not really...:sweatdrop:). I just try to carry the same 2 or 3 purses in front of them all the time.