Do you sometimes think it's too much ?

I can totally relate. I am a SAHM to two girls - just under three and a year old. I try to only come on here when they are napping or in bed. DH gets kind of annoyed sometimes. Sometimes when I sit down, it irritates him and he immediately asks me if I have done X or Y yet. He just did it. He is an A type who always has to be productive but I am not.

But I enjoy it alot. I don't know why. I am not looking for any bags now but I enjoy hearing about the searchs and all the other ladies' finds.

I guess I could be doing more productive things..reading, wrapping presents or baking something.

You are definitely not alone. Sometimes I find myself absolutely glued to the computer, when I know I have other chores, people, office to do and see. It actually makes me sick of myself! When I log off, I swear to myself that I will not get on for the rest of the day, but:crybaby: I'm afraid that I will miss something! My schedule is soooo full, plus I have to walk everyday to maintain my diabetes (so I don't have to take medicine, or worse, have to give myself shots). I really don't have time to indulge myself like this! But I so love this site because I feel like everyone is my friend, and no one is judgemental here, I LOVE that!:heart: I think for the rest of THIS day, I will try to clean my house, do the wash, go to the city for groceries, put on my makeup, so see ya later! Maybe tomorrow!

Allison, Greg is totally like that too about having to be productive. he doesn't really understand chilling out and watching TV on a weekend day, or playing online really. He doesn't even like computers and only uses his laptop for work!! So he REALLY doesn't get my fondness for online hobby type forums in my 'spare time'. Especially when they end up costing him $$$. :graucho:

since i found this forum, this is all i think about :P
my bf laughed at how i'm addicted to this forum and talking about b bags... now he even shared my knowledge. before, he only notice my bag as beautiful bag, but not really know about this.

It's amazing everything yo've said sounds so familiar.
My hubby as well is the productive type, he relaxes watching soccer here and there but really not much and then back to "work" actually it's not that bad...moneey needs to come from somewhere!

NO dont' feel too guilty we all Need to have or hobbies or otherwise we'll go in sane my DH hobby is hunting and fishing and he spends all this money on guns and gear so that's how I justify my time consuming forum obsession and money spending.

Sometimes I spend hours on here, sometimes I just come and check my PMs... It's all about balance. dont let your enjoyment of this forum hurt other aspects of your life, then you'll be fine. I think that this forum has SAVED me so much money, rather than costing me it... I've used the stuff I've learned on here to help friends also picking out bags secondhand and it really makes me happy to be able to do that for them as well as myself!

This is so true...it's somehow too much and not enough at the same time! I have a lot of other things going on, and sometimes I think I need to get off tPF and get a life, but...then I get sucked back in.

My sweetie is really tolerant of all my tPF time - he's got forums that he spends a lot of time on, so he understands. Love :heart: him!

Yeah it's too much, but PF is a huge stress reliever for me, as everyday life can get very stressful and it's so enjoyable to come here and talk about purses, which no one understands IRL! :P

And I'm with Mocean, this forum has saved me so much money! If not for PF, I wouldn't know how to authenticate diddly squat and I'd be stuck paying retail for everything instead of enjoying all the great deals I've been able to find.

I definitely can relate to what many of you are saying. I feel better about spending time here when I take some breaks from it. I do rationalize somewhat that since I don't watch TV at all, this serves a similar function (escape, entertainment).

I can relate too...the other day I was thinking...I should pick up another hobby like painting pet rocks which i used to do...my hubby is really understanding about me going on TPF, too...he just laughs...bec. he is always on his car forums and fantasy sports sites in his spare time...I hardly watch any tv as well...at the same time, I have been very tired lately, with two kids and one on the day, so would do me a lot of good to sleep earlier than stay up an hour or more a day to read and post on TPF!

yes sometimes its too much. but i spent the last year with marae on the diamond forum, and although i may end up spending more here, i think it might be a healthier addiction!

However, 2 bbags in 2 weeks?!?!?! I was never that lucky with diamonds! I think i need some new not spending hobbies though.... or a job at barneys!

I'm with ethan&me - definitely have lost sleep over the addiction to this forum - the time flies by!

I try not to add up how much I have spent on these bags - but I do notice that I haven't been shopping as much for other material goods - no time!!:shame: