do you have to ask for a box?

i would figure it depends on the store or sa. when i bought measly $10.00 adhesive notes for my agenda it came in a box like the ones you get with wallets.

elongreach said:
I love boxes and I'm a little ticked off that LV Chevy Chase didn't give me a box for my Tulum GM they shipped me this week. I would call and ask for one, but that means I have to drive over an hour to pick it up.
This happened to me with my Speedy 40. I had to bring my receipt in and ask for the box.

Maybe it's because if you buy from those departmental LVs instead of a real LV store they are stingier with their boxes? Hehehe, I was so excited when I bought my Dior clutch that I forgot to 'mention' that it was a gift, so I didn't get a box, but that was in a departmental store outlet.

My first LV, she asked me if I wanted to use it rightaway or to pack it up, and I said to have it packed, but I was pleasantly surprised when she came to me with this huge bag with wrapped up box and leather-ribbon! I wonder if I said that I was going to use it rightaway, if I would have gotten the box???

I know that LV boutiques in Toronto don't give you boxes (just GIANT envelopes). They told me they don't have boxes at the boutiques, only @ the LV store on Bloor St.

My LV doesn't give boxes - hubby had to ask for one and even then, the SA was reluctant. She told him that the boutique is so small, it doesn't have a lot of storage space so they don't bring in a lot of boxes.

addictedtolv said:
My LV doesn't give boxes - hubby had to ask for one and even then, the SA was reluctant. She told him that the boutique is so small, it doesn't have a lot of storage space so they don't bring in a lot of boxes.
I went to see if I could get a bigger box for my 35 cause when they were doing an exchange for a defect, they took my big box and shipped back a box fit for a 25! I was thinking that I could fold it up in the dustbag then into the box for traveling and being that many people have just simply asked for a box, I figured if I take the box and ask for a bigger one there'd be no problem. But nope, they couldn't do it. They said that aside from the fact that eLux is separate from them (which I already knew) "there's so many things going on in the world today..." which makes me and BF have this weird ridiculous faces cause they seem to be referring to counterfeiters but not saying it. We thanked them, browsed a bit and left. We burst out laughing outside cause other LV stores have given out boxes before and this time, we even have a box just to exchange and they couldn't do it.

It was a nice and bigger boutique but I'd stick with the LV I'm closest to and will try out the other one near me.

I've always gotten a box, but i do believe it's up to your SA. Some SA's don't cause my friend goes to a different one and she always ends up asking for them. I keep my bags stored in the sleeper bag and individually boxed for it to be organized.

crochetbella said:
They brought mine out to me in a box, which I then opened and made sure they gave me the right bag. :lol: I live so far away from the nearest LV, I just wanted to make sure. :shame:

I don't blame you at all! When I was getting my bag this past weekend, I was able to see into the back room and watch the SA preparing it. She even honored my request to have a non-LV bag, since I was walking home and didn't want to be an obvious target for a mugger.

Before she did that, though, she showed it to me and let me test all the zippers first, and if she hadn't done that, I would have asked her to. She was great about the box, too, but the LV store boxes are better, IMO- this one was made of flimsier cardboard as opposed to the seemingly indestructible ones at the store (they're really sturdy!). She wrapped it beautifully, though, and I'm using it as an everyday storage box for my LV bags.

Is the dark ribbon/decorative string type thing fake leather? It looks pretty strong. I saved it :amuse: . I wish I could get some of those stickers, though! LOL.

elongreach said:
I love boxes and I'm a little ticked off that LV Chevy Chase didn't give me a box for my Tulum GM they shipped me this week. I would call and ask for one, but that means I have to drive over an hour to pick it up.
You HAVE to post photos of your Tulum GM. I am debating whether or not to buy a Croissant MM or this bag. Pretty please, post photos!!!

And I agree with the person who said that with all of the money we pay, we are entitled to small added luxuries (i.e., hard boxes, stickers, cards, etc.) But I also agree with someone else who said they feel embarassed asking for a box. I feel like the people who can "really" afford LV wouldn't care about little stuff like ribbons and packaging, but I do darnit! I am all about the presentation. Remind me of why I am spending thousands of dollars on LV by making my experience special! :rant: