Do YOU have ANY idea how much MONEY is in your closet???

^ that's hilarious! I gave up calculating the "value" of my closet a long time ago. But I know what you mean about counting bags...but I think I might be even dorkier than you as I've actually made a list of all my bags on a notecard that I take with me when I go on a "hunt." This way I don't get too crazy and buy impulsively. I try to think about the new acquisition relative to what I already have so that I can build a more rounded collection. I also have another notecard that's my wishlist, full of style number and prices and my own sketch of what the bag sortof looks like. Oy, that is just my OCD acting up.

What's funny is DH always asks me what one item I would grab if there were a fire in my closet and I could only save one bag![/quote]

I recently took inventory of my bags, nearly died from a heart attack, and will soon begin to liquidate some to bring them to a reasonable count.

Larkie - I have you beat in the OCD department. I have now taken a pic of the ones I want to keep, and have that color print out in my bag when I go shopping. :nuts: When I went to the boutique to pick up my metallic black 226, I pulled out my pic and put it next to the bag on the counter, too see how that would fit indo my downsized collection. My SA started laughing at me, but also said I'm out of control I have so many, so it's a good idea!

I know it's dorky, but I also put my closet in an Excel spreadsheet. It was an eye opening experience to say the least, and I would NEVER admit that number on here or to DH. :sweatdrop: At least doing that has gotten me to realize I need to sell some if I want to add anything else. The 1 in 1 out rule will soon go into effect. Just as soon as I get my dark silver 226 and MC N/S Tote in dark brown...

oh dear, oh dear...an excel spreadsheet! My computer might have a meltdown if I tallied all the shoes and bags and clothes! But taking your pics shopping with you is a GREAT idea! Perhaps I should trade in my notecards for polaroids. I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a chanel ocd!!

Your 1 in 1 out rule sounds so fab but I have run out of bags to sell! I've sold a lot of other designer bags and can't imagine which Chanel bag I'd let go to finance the next one.

^ that's hilarious! I gave up calculating the "value" of my closet a long time ago. But I know what you mean about counting bags...but I think I might be even dorkier than you as I've actually made a list of all my bags on a notecard that I take with me when I go on a "hunt." This way I don't get too crazy and buy impulsively. I try to think about the new acquisition relative to what I already have so that I can build a more rounded collection. I also have another notecard that's my wishlist, full of style number and prices and my own sketch of what the bag sortof looks like. Oy, that is just my OCD acting up.

What's funny is DH always asks me what one item I would grab if there were a fire in my closet and I could only save one bag![/quote]

I recently took inventory of my bags, nearly died from a heart attack, and will soon begin to liquidate some to bring them to a reasonable count.

Larkie - I have you beat in the OCD department. I have now taken a pic of the ones I want to keep, and have that color print out in my bag when I go shopping. :nuts: When I went to the boutique to pick up my metallic black 226, I pulled out my pic and put it next to the bag on the counter, too see how that would fit indo my downsized collection. My SA started laughing at me, but also said I'm out of control I have so many, so it's a good idea!

I know it's dorky, but I also put my closet in an Excel spreadsheet. It was an eye opening experience to say the least, and I would NEVER admit that number on here or to DH. :sweatdrop: At least doing that has gotten me to realize I need to sell some if I want to add anything else. The 1 in 1 out rule will soon go into effect. Just as soon as I get my dark silver 226 and MC N/S Tote in dark brown...

I honestly dont want to count it all up, it will make me nuts, lol.....i do on the other hand want to make a list of everything with pics bc i always forget about some

YES. Because I have been counting, I have stopped buying for a few months now as well as visiting tPF. DH keeps reminding me that economy is bad, blah, blah, blah. Once in awhile, I will write up what I have and tell myself that "I don't need anymore!" But buying them makes me happy. Anyways, saving up right now for more bags in the Fall. Our fire alarm went off on night, I actually thought, "which bag should I grab" instead getting one my kids. so sad...., such a bad bad addiction.

I have a similar spreadsheet! and color photos of each bag! For insurance (in case of that horrible fire) I think I'm close to $50k ...just for Chanel. Fortunately most of it was from tax refunds!

I should probably add spreadsheets for all the other labels. But really ... do I want to know the TOTAL?:nuts:

I always feel really guilty when I add up what I have. Then I fall into a rutt where I start selling bags off to make myself feel better. But it doesn't take long before I start acquiring new ones. It's a lil sick sometimes...:wacko: