Do you get annoyed when people say knockoffs look the same as designers?

The red sole is now a CL trademark. It was not before, so I'm guessing that's why so many brands designed shoes with red soles. If you look at some Oh Deer styles, they are clearly copies of CLs. The sole color is another matter. I don't feel like the red sole is such a big deal..but when you copy styles so they are almost identical..that's not right. :nogood:

True - you're right. I think one thing to consider, though, is that MOST people I know (and most in general?) are either high end shoe lovers OR lower end shoe lovers. They're not often both. I have a big mix in my closet, but most people I know don't, and it sounds like here, many of us are one or the other. That said, the people who feel like $100 is a huge amount to spend on shoes probably have no idea that their $100 shoes are almost an exact copy of a pair of $800 shoes. Therefore, I think it's wrong to hold consumers liable for these decisions. It needs to come from the designers and the manufacturers and the stores.

I guess I've learned to have an eye for high fashion - like most of us here. When I'm walking down the street in my MBs or Choos, I can spot another woman who's also wearing them a mile away. I wear expensive shoes and bags because I LOVE them. I love that I don't see myself coming and going, and I love that I can wear things like that because I've worked HARD for them. Not because of what others think. Fakes and copies and replicas have been getting better, but many of us can still spot a fake in a lineup. When I see one, I just smile to myself for a second and don't let it bother me.

I never really cared what ppl say about knockoffs or designers but this one time really ticked me off... I walked into class with my LV damier azur and this girl stops me on the way and was like "OMG!! did u get that at the loonie store too?". I dont think i've ever been so shocked before and told her no. Then she went off saying how her friend has the exact same bag that she got for $50 and it looks EXACTLY the same and that she's going to get one too.

The worst is when books, about styling tips and how to be a stylish woman, give the advice of "buying copies, bc no one sees the difference anyways"...not so stylish....

It doesn't bother me. I really could care less what other people think. To each his own, whatever makes you happy.

I feel exactly the same way as you:woohoo:. To each his own. I actually like Oh deer a lot too, nothing to do with it's red sole tho, its just a well made shoes that is very comfortable IMO and fits MY bill.