Do you ever lose something to have it show up right were you looked?!?

Geez---this happens to me frequently. I can only chalk-it-up to those onery fairies, pixies, and angels who don't ask permission to borrow something first.

I get so mad at them! :P

YES!!!!! It's sooo unnerving too. I think little some playful spirits might be pulling my leg. Of course, there's always the chance that I didn't look properly, but it happens too frequently.

I have a habit of hiding my jewelry just before I leave on a long trip abroad.

Jewelry is hidden in several places in the event the thief finds one cache.

Since I am always tired before I depart, I am not always able to remember where I put things. (I am a very good hider.)

I once lost my favorite strand of pearls for 2 years. Finally found them in an empty ice cube bag (for cold compresses in event of athletic injury) when I moved and heard something rattle inside the bag.

I had surgery in July. 2 days later repair men came to fix something. I hid the flash/pen/thumb drives. They contain a full backup of my computer's hard drive. When I hid them, I was on serious paid meds.

I still can't find the pen drives. I purchased new ones last week.

omg yes it happens to me all the time at work. I work with watches and i have a drawer where i put Solds, Paids And Ready to SHip. Well maybe there is watch that is ready to ship and i know its in the solds i look and look and nothing im going crazy looking for it and i know its there. I go back and look and TADA is there. SO yes totally can relate.

all the time to me!!!
one time i "hid" my birth control pills in my purse (you know the inside "zippered" pocket all purses have??)
i was looking all over for them, and i thought "i know i would remember if i hid them in my purse"..so i didnt bother to look....about 2 hours later...i ran through my purse looking for my gum, opened the zipper and there were my pills!!!!
i think you kinda lie to yourself by saying "i would remember if i hid it there" and thats why you dont look.
i do this all the time.

Obviously, WE are not alone. Goodness this is one of things that will drive me bananas. Whenever I do find it in that place I know I looked I just say "Thanks God". It's the only thing I can do so I won't go off the deep end.

So many times that I've wondered if I'm losing my eyesight AND brain! "I swear it wasn't there when I looked" and then there's the temptation of blaming my 2 year old!!!;)