Do you ever fall for non-designer bags anymore?

I like looking at all bags, but I always end up telling myself to save up for my goal purse instead to refrain from all the little amounts adding up to the big amount that could have been what I originally wanted

honestly, since i bought designer bags, not yet again....

i became too selective, i only want the best material adn quality, the design have to be perfect!

but i do say i bought very very cheap vintage bags still till now, although i only "collect" thema dn not wearing them :P

Yes, Longchamp Le Pliage. My first handbag out of university, I still have my first cream one and have been continually buying them in various colours and sizes.

Don't see why I need to carry a designer bag to eat at a $20 restaurant or even to get into Cartier.

I usually only buy no-name bags for other purposes - like canvas bags for open air markets or beach bags for swimming.

I don't buy truly high-end bags to begin with, but I am spoiled now after buying things like Bulga and Kooba. A friend of mine who isn't into bags at all kind of turned her nose up at my Bulga butterfly bag. Then she felt it and oohed about it, saw the lining and adored it and even noticed the yummy smell. Then she looked at me and said, "That's a REALLY nice bag, isn't it?" Well, it is to me, and I am having a hard time going back!

I would get something like a canvas L.L. Bean tote, for instance. Classic, nonleather things. But I would never consider buying a cheap leather bag "just to use for a few months." That is how you dribble money away.

Sometimes. Like if I'm walking through Macy's and I see a really cute or fun looking bag on sale I grab it. They're great to take to the beach or out on hikes when you don't want to damage your expensive, designer bags.

ever since i've started carrying high end bags (i.e. balenciaga and ysl) i can't convince myself to carry cheap bags, even if i might like the look of them - upon closer look i usually will realise the workmanship (or lack thereof) is shoddy. carrying high end bags has made me very picky.

it's too bad because just a few years ago, i used to carry cheap ($40-60) girly canvas totes around - you know the kind, with prints on them and what not - but now i couldn't possibly. i'd feel like those bags have no STYLE, and i'd feel as though my outfits would be really incomplete! haha

HOWEVER, select vintage pieces that are timeless and hard to come by are an exception - i will wear those occasionally and enjoy them, appreciating their uniqueness and character. also, vintage pieces are often far better quality than the mass produced crap being sold these days. :O

Well... after getting used to designer bags, I would look at non-designer bags, but always have to return them if I purchased them... because I was never going to use them.

However, I just recently forced myself to go buy a few "cheaper" options, because I went to reach in my closet on day when we were going to the dirtbike track, and realized that I didn't really have anything in there that would be suitable for those circumstances!! :shame:

I was looking at some Roxy bags on eBay, but I ended up getting a canvas Gap bag and a canvas Harajuku clutch accessory to carry the stuff inside the bag. (Since I really don't need a MJ or Balenciaga wallet with me while dirtbiking!!) I'm thinking of checking out some Roxy bags in person to see if I can add another option... :P

No non-designers for me. I've decided not to buy junk anymore. It's a waste, piles up in the closet, and becomes defunct. Only classic bags. Besides, if I do ever grow to dislike them, someone else is certain to use it and the resale is pretty good, it seems, if you cared for the bag well.