Do you carry non-designer bags?

I am no longer obsessed with the label and do admit that I was when younger. I no longer will pay full price for high end designer bags so I either wait for sales or buy pre-loved. That being said, most of my bags are designer bags like BV, Jimmy Choo and a few others...

I carry both, but my premiere designer bags outnumber the contemporary designer ones (Cole Haan x3, Mania Italia x1, Andrew Marc x1, random Costa Rican wristlet, straw woven clutch from Target, BCBG clutch).

That being said, I no longer buy non-premiere designer bags though - I always think I can put that money towards one on my lust list.

I buy and use bags that I like, regardless of where they're from. I own Mulberry's, Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs, but I get the most compliments when I use my Marks & Spencer black leather bowler bag that cost me £79! Strange!

I carry everything, except luxury. I don't own any and will probably never buy any. I'm more of a Fossil-Dooney-Lucky-Linea Pelle-Kooba type, if you get my drift. I have a variety of brands. I do require that they all be quality made, leather, and not fake. I recently bought the coolest black clutch/wristlet from Vanson.
Vanson knows how to do leather!

I usually carry designer bags. I used to like the brand recognition a little, but I realized that the quality put into designer bags is superior.

For example, I've been carrying my Chanel Caviar flap for over a year now, and its been through rain, crowds, on the pavement, dropped etc. and although it doesn't look brand new, it still looks great. The leather is still shiny, the quilts are puffy and no scuffs/marks anywhere.

Honestly, other than price point, I don't understand the distinction between Designer and Contemporary.

I've looked at some very expensive handbags at Neiman Marcus and Saks and just didn't get it. I was hoping there was some voodoo magic with the, oh let's say, over a grand bags. A lot of them are really trendy and would look outdated in a short amount of time.

I did own a Tod's. Evidently that is a designer bag. It was very well made and that one made more sense.

I think the Coach Legacy line 65th Anniversary leathers and the Dooney Florentine leathers have outstanding workmanship and materials. Especially for the price point.

But, I believe if one particular bag (Designer, Contemporary, handmade by elves, etc.) gives you New Purse High for a long, long time, I say go for it.

I'm 29 and I only carry designer bags, have for about 8 years. However there is one exception I make and that is for Vera Bradley bags and I think the main reason I go for them is that they can be washed. I find Vera bags are good for work or going places that you will need your bag but could get dirty easy. Other then that I don't even look at non designer bags any more.