Do you buy fragile clothing? Need advice...

Are you still thinking about that dress? I have some very pretty but impractical dresses from seasons past that I passed on but Still think about. Of course, now they're impossible to find, and I seriously regret not getting them! If you really really love it, get it!

I had a silk chiffon dress that I wore like a regular sundress that held up fine. If it ever snagged, I didn't really notice because it was so flowy. Is the one you're eyeing flowy too? I imagine it would be more obvious on a fitted dress.

And to quote a certain someone on this topic, "luxury is not about practicality anyway". :angel:

^^^
Hi forever21! Unfortunately, it's not flowy. It's a kind of stiff chino material with a very thin overlay of chiffon, so if it snagged I think it would be very noticable especially since the material beneath is a different color.

I decided to pass on the dress for now... *sigh* Too bad. It's just too much money for me to ruin!

This post reminds me of the conflict I felt when deciding whether or not to buy my first pair of "nice" sunglasses. They were Chanel, and $300 (yes, several years ago), and I was really on the fence about whether or not I'd be disciplined enough to take care of them properly.

I got a great piece of advice from an acquaintance. I admired her [expensive] sunglasses, and said, "you know, I'm just not sure that I'd take care of them." And she said, "trust me, when you spend this much on sunglasses, you'll make sure that you do." And I've always found that to be true. My inexpensive things, I treat like trash, but I'm very careful with my nicer items. I wouldn't worry too much about the dress. If you're thinking about it now, I'm pretty sure you'll do a good job of making sure that you care for it.

I love plisse silk chiffon dresses. I love to wear them during the day. But they constantly get snagged (the pleating actually hides the snags a little). You would have to be very careful.... A top or just a skirt may be more practical than an entire dress, that way you get the look without as much of the hassle....