Food Do you bring a lunch or eat out?

I have to bring lunch... the school I teach at doesn't allow us to leave the building during the day. So usually I bring some turkey pepperoni, cauliflower, and lite cheese to eat! (quick foods to eat on the go as I run around after kids! :lol: )

Kudos to the ladies who bring their own lunch.. Its a good way to reduce cost and a healthier option. 1 question, how do you keep your sandwiches and salads fresh, especially when there is meat in it? Do you put it in the pantry fridge?

I have a small 'fridge & a microwave in my classroom. Every Sunday, I leave Smart Ones, bottled water and diet coke for the week. However, my assistant and I order out every Friday from a local deli that will deliver. Its always something super quick as I have only 30 minutes to eat.

I'm always rushing around and don't have time to pack a lunch. Even if I did, the fridge space at work is so limited, as there are people on special diets for medical conditions that HAVE to bring their own food.

Plus, I work downtown and we have a tunnel system with TONS of restraurants (many with healthy options like salads, wraps, and sandwiches) so I usually eat Subway most days (their special of the day is only $4.32 and it's good for you). Also, we order in food a lot for meetings and sometimes there is extra food (although unless you know ahead of time you can count on it, they wait too darn long to announce it, I don't like waiting until 1pm to eat lol), or if someone invites you out to lunch that morning, you can accept without worrying about a wasted lunch sitting in the fridge.

Like purse fantatic, I also like to get away from the office. It's nearly impossible to eat up there without someone wanting to bug you about things. I literally was ON my lunch hour and hand a sandwich in my hands and biting into it when some lady came and starting talking and said ok go ahead and pull up such and such on the project drive and I am like HELLO?? Eating??? What the heck. I am taking my full hour thank you.

I eat out everyday :Push: I am really picky but there are many options for me here. I usually get a salad and add all sorts of fix its from Cafe Europa or from Pret! My lunch ends up being about $10/day... I know, I know... sooo stupid of me!!

I bring my lunch. A thermos of good coffee, some of my homebaked dark chocolate (99%cocao) chip cookies,and a tub of curry stir-fried vegies and rice or a PBJ sandwich (with homemade blueberry jam)

trixX said:
Kudos to the ladies who bring their own lunch.. Its a good way to reduce cost and a healthier option. 1 question, how do you keep your sandwiches and salads fresh, especially when there is meat in it? Do you put it in the pantry fridge?

I don't bring meat sandwiches or dishes, to avoid them going bad.

trixX said:

If I pack a sandwich with my veggie bologna, I put my condiments in their own little plastic cup to put on when I'm about to eat it so nothing gets soggy.

On Sunday nights, I make a casserole dish or something with a lot of leftovers so I can pack them into separate containers and take them to work on Monday. If I do that, I usually bring lunch for 4 days and eat out one day as a treat.

If I'm not inspired to cook or have a busy weekend, then I will go to Trader Joe's near work and get some salads and frozen entrees because that's usually cheaper than eating out. We also know someone who makes deliveries for a good bakery and he hooks us up with bread so my coworker and I will go in on sandwich fixins and make sandwiches.

Rarely, though, I just don't have enough time to do any of that and end up eating out almost all week. Even if I bring lunch, depending on how the day goes, I want to be social and go out with coworkers. Or if my friend drove, he will tempt me with ideas about going to places I don't usually get to go.

i spend about 15 dollars a day on lunch, AND i'll bring some veggies and dip to eat on my other breaks. i'll usually buy my lunch on the way to work and put it in the fridge there.