Do people do this negative thing often? ("My bag's better than yours")

I can understand girls being petty about things in high school but I'm in college!! Who cares who's got better stuff??? I was just happy cause I've slave my bum off to get here and walk the freaking line.

Urgh. People like these just prove one thing - money doesn't buy class. You can have buckloads of it, but class and elegance is inbred and cannot be bought in a store.

I completely agree with you!!!!!!!!! You said it perfectly! Also a lot of girls are like this, they are full of envy of what others have!

It's so funny reading these posts because if anything, where I went to school, people practiced 'stealth wealth.' It was NOT cool to flaunt your money - and if you had it or came from it, then you had to do DOUBLE DUTY to act like you had nothing - that you were streetwise, culty, and keeping it real. Flashing wealth was for the bourgeouis. Ironically, most of the kids WERE rich - so naturally, there were used vintage clothes everywhere. :smile: I can't imagine being confronted by some petty barbie doll who had the gall to flaunt 'LV' especially if it's fake!

YES,I totally understand u.ive never experienced this myself but I have seen ALOT in my hometown! That's why i so hate hanging out with girl friends.It's not even their money,it's their parents'!! i think they're loser... bcuz i think mostly ppl who can afford to buy luxury bags,even if it's cost $400, they can afford the more expensive ones. The price doesnt have anything to do with that u r rich or not....it's just that u like it... and want this bag. =P

I go a pretty small private college where people talk a lot. I was in the lab one day talking to my friend about how excited I am to graduate and how I'm going to buy myself a LV for graduation, I wasn't talking very loudly by the way. And the next thing I know some random girl moved her seat and sat next to and threw down her FAKE mini sac HL and made a coughing noise. :shrugs: was I suppose to me impressed??? Or like :drool: over it? Next thing I know.... she starts telling me how much she got it for and everything. Okay???:wtf: I don't know you!!!! I know she didnt want to make friends because I've seen her around and she've given me dirty looks before. God knows why. But why did she feel the need to do that? My friend said she later told her friends that I'm a poor kid cause I have to save and she already has one. But its not real!!!:shrugs: did she think her fake bag was better than me?? Some people are just makes my head hurt.:lol:

Aw man I feel like slapping her! :hysteric:

If I were you I'd have gone, "Oh my gosh that's a total fake! You mean you paid so much for that? OH MY GOSH you've been CHEATED!!" or something along those lines. She makes me wanna puke!

sometimes young teens, think that if their parents bought it, they're better. I have a friend who is 20 and her parents buy her everything. Her mom just bought her a Chanel Cambon reporter this weekend, and she always asks me if her bag is better than another she see's. It's rather annoying but I don't dare tell her no.

I actually DONT CARE what ppl think about my bags, really, handbags are one of the petty things that seem unimportant compared to other real life issues such as health, family, etc. I could carry a COACH, Gucci, Hermes, LV, or even a non designer bag all I want, and ppl who dont like it or choose to be a snob about it by thinking their bags are better can just kiss my a*s!

Although I can imagine me being really upset and emotional about it when I was younger, these days I would just laugh if someone does that kind of thing to me. Seriously, does that person hasn't got anything better to do rather than flaunt her bag and looking down at other's? I would just pity her.

Carry your bags proudly ladies.. whatever brand it is, as long as it aint a fake (I despise fake!).

When i bought my new dior, my friend looked at it and say its too small (wasn't that small!!!) i will buy the big one , guess what? I told her the big one looks ugly!!!

It's sad to say but, it does happen.

I don't think it's a specific group of people though. I think it's a personal thing. To generalize this behavoir within a certain group of people (whether it be about age or how they acquire their bags) seems narrow minded. I know plenty of people younger than me with more bags that do not condone this type of attitude.

Honestly, I think people's insecurites play a huge factor in situations like this. They need to feel some what superior because inside they feel like crap. And by acting out like they are better than everyone gives them that satisfaction.

Personally, I would laugh if someone judged me on the bag that I was carrying at that time. Little do they know what's sitting in my closet.

sometimes young teens, think that if their parents bought it, they're better. I have a friend who is 20 and her parents buy her everything. Her mom just bought her a Chanel Cambon reporter this weekend, and she always asks me if her bag is better than another she see's. It's rather annoying but I don't dare tell her no.

lol i do that when im at the mall with my bf, he always says yes! :yes: i hope im not that annoying...

I was at the store today and this girl of about 17 years old (I'm 21, btw) was looking over at my bag a lot, and just acting really oddly. Eventually she said to her girl friend "My Gucci!!!!" in response to my bag. Like wow... okay then.

What? That doesn't even make sense. :blink: :huh:

What's there to say? People act nervous/funny/dickish when faced with beauty. ;)

I think it's a personal thing.

How is it personal? They're not going, "Oh, Michelle. I'm out to get her!" Being catty about other people's bag (or about their clothes, or the color of their hair) isn't personal -- it's definitively impersonal.

I say, don't dote on it. What would you get out of impressing this sort of person?