Do all vintage Gucci Bags have serial numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a truly gorgeous small 'Florentine red' lizard Gucci evening bag with a shoulder strap. The clasp is at the top and is a gold-plated Nautilus-type shell. The label inside seems to be gold-plated metal also. There is no serial number but it is so spectacularly beautiful that I cannot believe that it is not authentic. I cannot find anything like it anywhere online. Please help.

Hi can u help me plz to find out if the bag I'm about to buy is aulthinic it's vintage gucci
And I thought u would be the perfect person I posted a post in the thread called aulthinicate this gucci I know I can't post that on here please help thanks Hun!

Hello
Good News!!!
your bag is 100% authentic and in pretty good condition considering its age.

All Gucci bags do NOT have serial numbers.

The really old bags from the 60's or if bag was purchased directly in Italy will not have a serial number. It will have very fancy gold "Gucci stamp as yours. I have purchased at least 40 bags over the past 6 yrs that have the exact same stamp inside the bag and in the same location as yours.

It will have Gucci monogram on other places on the hardware as well as all the accents will be 100% leather.

You can also take your bag to a reputable Gucci dealer and they will look at it for free... b/c Gucci stands behind its label and they have repair service (check Gucci official website)

I purchase, refurbish and resale hard to find Authentic Gucci items for exclusive customers.

Additionally, I would go and purchase a fake bag (they have lots of them on i.offer) .... we wont call them fake... they are "replicas" ...lol
You can compare to your authentic bag to that bag as a reference.

I will quickly tell you that I love the Vintage Gucci bags like yours made of the original "Vinyl Gucci monogram" material...

You can tell the difference several more ways than what I described above.
1. Authentic Gucci Vintage Vinyl material the "G's" will face each other and the opposite "G" will be upside down.... the line in the "G" will be a straight line that follows completely thru not like the one here on this font... that looks like almost a number "6" (G) ... the Fake bags ...the line line in the G stops a lil short it is very subtle... lastly Fake bags will have manmade material as the trimmings.. and authentic will have genuine leather... as well as any bag from late 60's/ 70's will have authentication tag on the inside and the serial numbers will be stamped with very very fancy numbers always!! (pay attention to the details of serial numbers that have like "2,3,5,6,9's) they will be very fancy.... I hope this info put your mind to rest...
your bag is 100% Authentic.... congrats onyour great find !!!

Not sure im in correct thread but im looking to authenticate this gucci..any thoughts? sorry about the blurry photo..it snuck in i have photo of serial number but it wont upload

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 955
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 842
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 850
  • IMG_4173.JPG
    IMG_4173.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 939
Last edited:
^ Answered in the Gucci AT thread

Closing this thread now as OPs question has been answered and keeping this thread open just seems to be misleading to new posters

Status
Not open for further replies.