Home & Garden Dishwashers!

I have a Miele, no light, it was around $1800, love it! I've also had Higher end Bosch at my previous house and they were great. At my beach house we got an LG and it is the pits, I didn't realize how poor a job a " dishwasher" could do. It doesn't clean coffee mugs, truly a mistake on my part ( got a new fridge last summer and decided to get matching dishwasher) the old dishwasher worked 100% better.

Bump!

For anyone with a Bosch, how do you feel about the condensation dry? I've read mixed reviews online, some people say if left overnight, their dishes are dry. Others say they stay wet. Some people open the door to let the moisture evaporate. Thoughts?

I'm torn between a Bosch (for the reliability and affordability) and an Asko (for the extra point in my Subzero/Wolf kitchen package, the fan dry, and the full stainless interior). I think the only time we'll use the dishwasher is for entertaining and washing baking pans, pots, etc. I think we'll usually run the unit at night before we go to bed, so remembering to open the door after the wash ends is not realistic. Just wondering if it's worth going with a different brand to get a heating element or if condensation dry is adequate.

I have grown to like the condensation dry of my Bosch. Actually, I really love everything about it. It definitely does dry, but with the residual heat in the unit after the wash. If you open it shortly after its finished it will allow the moisture to escape faster. When left overnight, it's dry too. I forgot to look into the auto-open feature as I haven't been having problems.

Mine doesn't have a light but it's of zero concern to me.

I don't have any experience with dishwashers - we've never really wanted one, but at this time, dishes are becoming a dreaded chore, so we might be looking into getting one. I have a few questions in this regard: is it necessary to rinse everything off before putting in (this is one of the reasons we never had one - thinking that if you have to rinse something off you might as well wash it, dry it and put away). Also, do they dry things streak free? I always wipe everything with a dish towel after washing to prevent streaks - something that my mother taught me. Since most dishwashers these days dry through condensation, does this give relatively streak free results?

I have grown to like the condensation dry of my Bosch. Actually, I really love everything about it. It definitely does dry, but with the residual heat in the unit after the wash. If you open it shortly after its finished it will allow the moisture to escape faster. When left overnight, it's dry too. I forgot to look into the auto-open feature as I haven't been having problems.

Mine doesn't have a light but it's of zero concern to me.

Thank you! Definitely makes me feel more convinced to choose Bosch.

Reactions: JetSetGo!
Also, my sis has a Kitchen Aid dishwasher (not the top of the line model) and she said it needs a lot of servicing - just like I've read in reviews.
I chose mine, because has built-in food grinder. And no fiddly drain trap to clean, as bosch.
Pretty quiet. Stainless interior. Works for my needs in price range.
I just order parts from manufacturer & service myself. Not cheap, but cheaper than paying for added labor.
First thing to go, after warranty expires, will be electronic control panel.:hrmm:
But easy fix. And carries on.

Reactions: JetSetGo!
Bump!!!!

Anyone recently purchase a dishwasher they LOVE? I’m looking to replace the Bosch I’ve had the last five years. I know Bosch is generally a great brand, but this particular dishwasher was a disappointment almost from Day 1. It always required me to prewash the dishes if I had any hope of getting them truly clean. Maybe it was defective? Idk. I would consider Bosch again based on all the good reviews here and in Consumer Reports, though. Anybody have any other suggestions?