Discuss: Members' Hermes Items

WOW!!! GIGI!!!! I love your Escarpe Tweedee AND THAT BIRKIN!!!! WHOA! Two-tone with Ruthenium????? Stunning! Stunning! Just beautiful!!!!!

Gigi,
That shawl looked soft just by looking at your picture, so I am certain it's super soft by touch! Does the escarpe tweedee (and we were all wondering what it was last week!) come in other colours? I am due to view some vintage pashminas (including the banned shatoosh!!!) with a private collector and this now makes me want to visit the store tomorrow!!

Gigi,
That shawl looked soft just by looking at your picture, so I am certain it's super soft by touch! Does the escarpe tweedee (and we were all wondering what it was last week!) come in other colours? I am due to view some vintage pashminas (including the banned shatoosh!!!) with a private collector and this now makes me want to visit the store tomorrow!!
oh dear...I have become an echarpe tweedee "enabler"! :P

I'm not really sure but I think it comes in one color only. It really is very soft & comfortable to wear. I like the size too! Not too long / big, just right for me! :smile:

off topic: pardon my ignorance, what is a banned shatoosh?

off topic: pardon my ignorance, what is a banned shatoosh?

Gigi, a Shatoosh is a shawl made from the softest of fur from a breed of mountain goats that made the pashima famous. Hunters had to kill the goats to get the fur, and the softest part of the fur is the fur from the goat's neck area. It comes mainly from Pakistan. But the sale is banned now, not in Singapore I believe but elsewhere in India/Pakistan. I hope I am posting the right info as this is based on recall. It's so soft the shawl can be run through a ring! Sorry, ladies, back to topic.

^^ mrssparkles.. Ive got her couple of weeks ago from CDL.. its gorgeous for sure.. i love the color, the shine, the size.. its the perfect birkin for me.. love it :smile:

Thanks you for your sweet comments!