Discuss: Hermes Informative Guide

hi i just purchased a dogon wallet six months ago, and i've been using them eversince i bought it, it was great as i can stuff in a lot of things and the wallets seems to be always over stuff or bloated i cant even close it..well, recently i have accidentally spill water on it in which i didnt realized immediately, so it was soak for a couple of hours in water..then when i took it out to let it dry i thought it would get back to its original shape but it didnt!! ...i try to make it flat and do everything to make it look like its original shape but it didnt..NOw, it is slightly deformed and the leather is not as soft as before anymore...is this normal? and what can i do? i would really appreciate your comments and suggestions ..thanks in advance!!

Hi, I'm new to all of this, but I just read that Hermes will not refurbish a bag with a shooting star. Can any one tell me what a shooting star means? My sis received one for a bd gift..and we don't know what this is...help??

Hi, I'm new to all of this, but I just read that Hermes will not refurbish a bag with a shooting star. Can any one tell me what a shooting star means? My sis received one for a bd gift..and we don't know what this is...help??

It was made by a craftsman for himself/family/an employee.

There are many threads. Start here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/whats-a-shooting-star-204376.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/any-shooting-star-birkin-collectors-164825.html

:smile:

hi i just purchased a dogon wallet six months ago, and i've been using them eversince i bought it, it was great as i can stuff in a lot of things and the wallets seems to be always over stuff or bloated i cant even close it..well, recently i have accidentally spill water on it in which i didnt realized immediately, so it was soak for a couple of hours in water..then when i took it out to let it dry i thought it would get back to its original shape but it didnt!! ...i try to make it flat and do everything to make it look like its original shape but it didnt..NOw, it is slightly deformed and the leather is not as soft as before anymore...is this normal? and what can i do? i would really appreciate your comments and suggestions ..thanks in advance!!
You should take it back to the store and they will fix it for you.

does anyone know if a swift Birkin will be easily scratched and whether it will hold its shape after years of use? I've read that togo is the more resistant leather, is this true? Thanks in advance all!!

About "S" ( from sales ) & "Shootin' Star" ( personnal craftman bags ) the only problem is that you cannot have the Hermes service.
"S" bags do have minimal damages ( for Hemes!! wich mean close to nothin' ) but permit to buy bags cheaper.
"Shootin' star" are Craftmen personal bags which mean that most of time they do have better quality of realisation, because there's no limit of time to do them and you can anticipate weakness of some bags wich is not done on original, but no Hermes services...

Reactions: NOIRetMoi